GruppeM Cowl Top - DC5 / EP3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GruppeM Cowl Top - DC5 / EP3

hey guys, after some testing and learning the stock cowl top that gruppem provides aren't the best for replacing the stock one.

do alot of people here have the same issues?

either not flush, gloss black looks ugly, not matching driver side or any other issues?
    Last edited by XP02ED; 30-06-09, 05:15 PM.
    GruppeM Australian Distributor
    w. http://xposed.com.au

yes, this is a pretty common issue i believe?

Comment

yes they are completely shite, if you compare them to the stock cowl you will notice they have at least 3mm "overpour" on all sides as a result of the production process. even if you sand it all down the angle between the glass is too large causeing it to sit much higher than the stock piece.

ive lined mine with a heap of adhesive damping tape which made it a million times better sound wise though not perfect. im still half way through cutting the oem cowl so i can fill and paint it.

Comment

I get some mad rattles under load because the big clamp doesn't hold the intake box to the .. .whatever it is, (other piece) tight enough.
        the fiter rattles inside the box.

The intake doesn't sit on the top cowl flush either, let alone the cowl.

There is some mad rubbing going on with the rubber piece that surrounds the intake opening but I'm sure you know that because you have plenty of replacements in stock.

Other than that, GREAT intake!, love the sound and love the gains.
        Last edited by T-BaGGeR; 30-06-09, 06:09 PM.

Comment

alright k0ol! why hasnt anyone said anything here LOL

well iv'e got a fix, assuming people have there stock cowl top basically modding your stock one which ive successfully done one for someone who asked me.

i remember being an issue myself and also used adhesive but wear and tear screws it up

saying this ive given it to the dude and i got another spare although DAMMIT i dont have the stock cowl top to re-do it again!

it should look like this

Last edited by XP02ED; 30-06-09, 07:09 PM.
          GruppeM Australian Distributor
          w. http://xposed.com.au

Comment

Working...
          X