Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Common Problems

Hey guys,

New on this forum and looking to buy a dc2r. Was wondering what are the main problems with the rides and how I go about looking for them during an inspection, couldn't find anything specific whilst searching and any tips would be great.

nothing in particular, they are very reliable (typical-japanese/honda).
    i had mine for over 6 years, daily-driven, 50,000k's when i got it and 120,000ish when i lost it. hard coilovers and aggressive alignments, 5 or 6 trackdays of hard driving, and regular winding road drives, just serviced regularly, and in all that time and driving...
    nothing. not a single thing broke.

obviously a well cared for example with full service histoy is what you're after. no accident damage etc.
    good luck and enjoy when u get one theyre a great car
    "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

clutch master cyl is a common problem...
      ... retired/

Comment

my master cylinder for the clutch went today any one recommend a work shop that can replace in brisbane?

Comment

any mechanic can do it...
          ... retired/

Comment

mines slighty leaking...but havnt been bothered to change yet lol still got a hard pedal...there round $95 genuine and are pretty dam easy to change like tink said anyyy mech will be able to change a master....just make sure u pull the boot back on the slave and check for weapage also

Comment

mines been leaking since i bought it in 2004...

i have put 50'000 km on it since... plus countless track laps... jsut kept topping up the MC... it must be bad for the paint inside the fire wall!

i have had the replacement MC sitting in my spares box since i bought the car...

i have removed & replaced the engine a few times, but still not the MC... i often wonder why...

this time for sure - i will replace it FOR SURE during the next engine swap!
              ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                mines been leaking since i bought it in 2004...

i have put 50'000 km on it since... plus countless track laps... jsut kept topping up the MC... it must be bad for the paint inside the fire wall!

i have had the replacement MC sitting in my spares box since i bought the car...

i have removed & replaced the engine a few times, but still not the MC... i often wonder why...

this time for sure - i will replace it FOR SURE during the next engine swap!
                hahahaha are u seriousss it would be so easy to change with engine out haha have u even done a fluid flush ? but wait i guess u can class the top up as a regular flush lol

Comment

yeah, i put RBF600 in there...

i have NO IDEA why i have not done it! i will do it this time... going to be pulling my engine out next weekend
                  ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                    yeah, i put RBF600 in there...

i have NO IDEA why i have not done it! i will do it this time... going to be pulling my engine out next weekend
                    i changed my slave when i did my clutch i was like awesome all my clutch system if perfect....then i thought ill just have u look under the dash and i seen the fluid dripping out i might change it soon....knowing my luck the seal will just collapse

Comment

mine was replaced yesterday $190 part from honda and $70 for the install at honda. for the small cost i would recommend just replacing it feels so much better the old one must of been on the way out for a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X