Removing OEM intake manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing OEM intake manifold

hey... was just wondering if removing the OEM intake manifold for DC5R involves the removal of the air-conditioning condenser as well?? any suggestions or comments will be muchly appreciated... thanks in advance

I have removed the intake manifold and its just a matter of unbolting it and pulling it off basically...

Take of your intake, take of Throttle body and undo all the bolts on the IM, some of them will be a pain in the arse if you dont have small hands and the right tools......
    NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

WHAT THE!!!!??? everyone keeps tellin me that!!!!! but for some reason, the ps pump on top of the air-conditioning condenser is in the way!!!!! afta unbolting everything, and i mean everything! i try to pull the intake manifold out, it slides out about 1.5 cm and then it hits the stooopid pump to the left of it!!!! mayb my engine bay is just F**kED!!!!

Comment

use a hammer
        /Oo ___H___ oO\
        |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

here is some pics of my intake manifold to illustrate the clearance issue. NOTE: the pictures were taken afta everything was bolted back together... please dont make a post and tell me that the reason why i cant remove the intake manifold is due to the fact the i still have bolts on it...

Comment

The trick is you remove the stud which holds the intake manifold on on that side.

What you have to do is undo the nut, turn it around the opposite way and then wind it half back on, take one of the other nuts wind it up tight to the 1st nut and then u can unwind the stud out of the block. You get what i mean?
            NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

Originally posted by GoldCoastDC5R View Post
              The trick is you remove the stud which holds the intake manifold on on that side.

What you have to do is undo the nut, turn it around the opposite way and then wind it half back on, take one of the other nuts wind it up tight to the 1st nut and then u can unwind the stud out of the block. You get what i mean?
              hmmm.... not quite dude... like, removing the stud which holds the intake manifold on that side is quite easy, that isnt the issue atm... umm, even if i did do that method, in the end, the pump is still in the way??? damnnn... allll so confusing!!!

Comment

acutally man!! i think i get it!!!! thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X