OEM clutch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM clutch question

hello guys, i gonna mod. my civic r (fd2r) soon and what i wondering is the OEM clutch issue... i aspect the fd2r clutch will b similar to oem dc5r clutch...anyone know what max whp that the oem clutch can handle?

the power that i gonna pull will be around 260-270whp with JRSC generation IV with 10psi+AEM CAI+hondata flashpro+aftermarket header... because the traffic jam in msia is pretty serious so i'm not gonna change to aftermarket clutch (was use ogura super single on my dc5, still ok because of the traffic in perth was fine).

if the car can't pull that hard then i have no choice and keep the N/A setup with I/H/E+cams+flash pro....which only pull about 220whp

i think you need to consider the torque output more so than whp when talking clutches. clubrsx might be a good place for this type of research or question mate, plenty of guys running boosted setups in the us who'd know what clutch might suit you
    pics of fd2r would be nice
    02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

fd2r nice!
      "as engages in 3rd God himself descends from the heavens and runs behind the car thrusting you forward"

Comment

You need to consider torque "turning force". Your oem clutch will not be up to the task if your quoting those sort of figures above. Sure your oem as with any clutch will probably hold when its fully engaged, but any quick gear change with some revs will never hold, it will just slip. Even my Ogura clutch slipped with 274hp (sorry no torque figures) at the wheels with me (DC2R). In the end I had a 6 puck ceramic disc and 1900lb pressure plate rated at 250% increase in torque and it held fine. Always good to comfortably overate your clutch and you'll never go wrong.
        Deano.

Comment

the JRSC+flashpro giving a high rev limit at 8500rpm. so does that mean if i didn't pull quick shift at 8500rpm rev. and it will be fine to use stock clutch?

http://www.supercharger.com/graphics...ic_si_dyno.jpg

Also, that link shows the power and torque for civic SI but not for fd2r.. so i can't expect what the torque will be..from what i saw from honda website. it said tat the stock fd2r claim to had 215Nm (21.9kg-m). i don't know how to convert it to lbs .... as shown from the dyno pic. the stock civic si only had about 140+ ft. lbs torque and after the jrsc it goes up to close to 200 ft. lbs. how bout fd2r with boosted?

Comment

just get a cushioned button clutch.... not to hard to use and bite really well...installed a few at work..exedi aint over priced either

Comment

exedy** lol sorry for shit spelling

Comment

so cushioned button clutch = exedy clutch?

Comment

Originally posted by DC2RKID View Post
                  exedy** lol sorry for shit spelling

dude, use the EDIT POST button please, or i will start deleting your posts.

it looks like:
                  ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by wonton View Post
                    so cushioned button clutch = exedy clutch?
                    no,

Exedy make heaps of types of clutches,

the ultimate = http://www.exedy.com.au/HyperCarbonSeries.aspx
                    ... retired/

Comment

OEM FD2R clutch can handle up to 250whp and about 15% more torque then stock....anything more then that you need something different. Like Tinkerbell mention Excedy make a lot of different type of clutch, also ORC, ATS have a few that may suit what your need.
                      ORC 309D can hold up to 340(35) N・m(kgf・m)
                      http://www.ogura-racing.com/metal_clutch.html
                      http://www.exedy.com.au/
                      http://www.a-t-s.co.jp/01cluch/index.html
                      Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                      1)ブレーキを踏む
                      2)クラッチを切る
                      3)シフトダウンしなから、
                        アクセルをぶかす
                      4)クラッチをつなぐ
                      :blah:
                      インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                      人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
                        OEM FD2R clutch can handle up to 250whp and about 15% more torque then stock
                        An FD2R making 250whp would be making a lot more than 15% more torque than stock somewhere in the rev range. A 250whp car would have at least 300 flywheel horsepower even on a happy dyno, which is an increase in power of around 35% so to make those sorts of power increase the car would have to have a significant increase in top end torque, or be turning a lot more revs than stock. So is it 15% more or 250whp? It can't be both.

Comment

if i use the jrsc official website to calculate, they claimed that after superchaged, the car would had ~270NM on civic Si, that's about 55NM more than stock.....which is ~25% more than stock...so u guys recon stock clutch can handle?

Comment

If you are spending 10K on the engine, why not spend 500-1000 on the clutch?

alternatively, don’t spend the 500 and upgrade the OEM one twice* as often...

* for ChargeR - figures are rough estimates and not taken to be actually based on empirical data
                            ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                            X