Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immobiliser Program

Hey,
    I have just installed Hondata Kpro ECU into the car and get it street tuned, but not quite done yet because I have been busy with work.

Anyway, I need to get my immobiliser reprogrammed. My question is, can any Honda Dealer do it? If not, where is the best place to go to get it reprogrammed?

Do I need to bring both keys to Honda?
    How long will the job take?

Thank you in Advance

Rudi
    - Project R -

Why do you need to get it reprogrammed ?

Kpro i thought didn't have an immobiliser, so if your car starts now with the keys what would you want to reprogram if there is no immobiliser ?
    /Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
      Why do you need to get it reprogrammed ?

Kpro i thought didn't have an immobiliser, so if your car starts now with the keys what would you want to reprogram if there is no immobiliser ?
      in the process of tuning, the immobiliser has been disabled. and the green key sign is blinking on the dash. Isn't KPro PRB ECU has immobiliser?
      - Project R -

Comment

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
        in the process of tuning, the immobiliser has been disabled. and the green key sign is blinking on the dash. Isn't KPro PRB ECU has immobiliser?
        I have never heard of anyone getting their keys/immobiliser reprogrammed after installing K Pro. The guys I know just deal with the blinking light . Take it to Honda and see what they say.

Comment

kpro ecu from a different car? if so then immobiliser will need to be reprogrammed by honda to match your keys

Comment

you can unplug that light behind the steering wheel, from memory it's the green small plug near the key hole

z10 says:
            i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
            z10 says:
            mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
              I have never heard of anyone getting their keys/immobiliser reprogrammed after installing K Pro. The guys I know just deal with the blinking light . Take it to Honda and see what they say.
              Will be good if I can make the car even more secure

Originally posted by mikul View Post
              kpro ecu from a different car? if so then immobiliser will need to be reprogrammed by honda to match your keys
              I have just rang Garry and Warren Smith Honda and they say they cant help me remap/reprogram the immobiliser for my Hondata ECU, but stock. :S This is bullshit.
              - Project R -

Comment

stock immobiliser is useless, get a pro to install something good.

Unfortunately finding a pro with alarms is like finding a needle in a hay stack.

So perhaps DIY
                /Oo ___H___ oO\
                |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

hrmm.. one of the WA members here got it done for about $250 at honda north, Perth. Not that it helps you but it can be done.

Any1 that has done this, do you need the red key to reprogam the ecu/keys?

Comment

Originally posted by urbanracer.com View Post
                    hrmm.. one of the WA members here got it done for about $250 at honda north, Perth. Not that it helps you but it can be done.

Any1 that has done this, do you need the red key to reprogam the ecu/keys?
                    $250 is ridiculous. it should be a half an hour job and would not cost more than a $100. I rang up another Honda dealer and I will go there on Friday and see how it goes.

To answer your questions, I've got some knowledge from the technician when I was explaining how to remap the immobiliser.

Is your car the red key type? If your car is a red key type, then you need to use that. If not, then just use the normal keys
                    - Project R -

Comment

I don't know how much the prices from the different Honda's vary by but I've been quoted around $100 per key to reprogram (including discount) so $250 sounds about.
                      Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

last time I had the kpro on a spared DC5R ECU and got it reprogrammed at Doncaster Honda, costs me $100 each for the actual key and the remote control.

I am curious why do you need to reprogram your ECU immobilizer because you are using the same ECU (the immobilizer code should be the same to match your car key and car remote control)

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
                          I don't know how much the prices from the different Honda's vary by but I've been quoted around $100 per key to reprogram (including discount) so $250 sounds about.
                          Is it the key that get reprogrammed to suit the immobiliser or is it the immobiliser that get reprogrammed to suit the keys??
                          - Project R -

Comment

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
                            Is it the key that get reprogrammed to suit the immobiliser or is it the immobiliser that get reprogrammed to suit the keys??
                            I believe its the keys that get reprogrammed to suit the immobiliser however I'm not 100% sure on this.

Edit:
                            http://www.hondata.com/immobilizer.html

It looks like the correct process is to reprogram the ECU to match the ignition barrel/immobiliser and doesn't look like a hard process to do. Maybe try calling up Honda and getting them a quote to match your Kpro ECU to your ignition barrel and see how much that will cost...?
                            Last edited by mugsee; 24-06-09, 01:26 PM.
                            Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
                              I believe its the keys that get reprogrammed to suit the immobiliser however I'm not 100% sure on this.

Edit:
                              http://www.hondata.com/immobilizer.html

It looks like the correct process is to reprogram the ECU to match the ignition barrel/immobiliser and doesn't look like a hard process to do. Maybe try calling up Honda and getting them a quote to match your Kpro ECU to your ignition barrel and see how much that will cost...?
                              yeps, I've read that earlier, and it confused me a little bit when you guys were talking about keys get reprogrammed. I am not sure how much it will cost, but he said it is an easy job and wont take longer than half an hour. So, I am assuming it will be less than 100 or $100 at max!

I am bringing it to a Honda dealer tomorrow morning and hope he can do it. The technician seems to be so much friendlier than most of the other Honda customer service/technicians. Shame to most of Honda dealers here.
                              - Project R -

Comment

Working...
                              X