K&N Air Filter DC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K&N Air Filter DC2

i went to Rocket industries last week and got myspace a K&N air filter to fit in standard air box the thing costed me $180 trade price! and i went to jdm yard few days later and told them i got it and they said i should of got some hugeeeeeee pod filter they got ...does anyone know wat would be the best to get the old dc2 breathin prop and is there any major noticability from CAI kit ?

K&N air filter in stock airbox is fine, just remove the resonator box. I used it for many years and was happy with it before I moved onto my mugen intake which is better but cost you a fair bit as well.

You can get a bit more gain with a CAI kit (Injen) which cost roughly ~400-500

Mugen intake is the best but that cost roughly ~1000
    CARSFORHOPE

Comment

i also have the drop in K&N filter, seems great. On another note does anyone know any place here in Aust where you can get a Comptech or CT icebox?

Comment

JDM Yard have Comptech products.
        Deano.

Comment

yeah i had a drop in filter in mine... then got a mugen cai and there is a very noticable difference...

Comment

ok sweet cheers for they help guys ill look into the mugen cold air

Comment

its weird i sometimes take the top of the air box off to expose the filter cause i get the urge to hear the mad vtec crossover but it doesnt feel like it goes as good as when its enclosed ...u reken it might be due to the heat its sucken in ?

Comment

Originally posted by DC2RKID View Post
                its weird i sometimes take the top of the air box off to expose the filter cause i get the urge to hear the mad vtec crossover but it doesnt feel like it goes as good as when its enclosed ...u reken it might be due to the heat its sucken in ?
                Yeah taking the top off of the airbox will have no benefit to you except for noise, to get the most out of your stock airbox just take out the resonaters, and get some ducting to go from the front bar plumbed into your airbox.

Comment

ok cheers for ur help mate

Comment

haha just realised i wrote myspace instead of myself at the start of the post lol got myspace on the brain

Comment

Originally posted by DC2RKID View Post
                      haha just realised i wrote myspace instead of myself at the start of the post lol got myspace on the brain
                      ha ha! i saw that and was like, wtf?

but it was obvious what you meant, lol...
                      ... retired/

Comment

lol :$

Comment

Working...
                        X