Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EP3 Occasional Steering Squeaks

Hey all.

I've been driving my EP3 for a little over a week now and noticed a couple issues. Car is a 2003 model with 55k KM's, Mugen suspension and brake pads and POSSIBLY an aftermarket heavy duty clutch. Other than that, to my knowledge, the car is stock.

Just as a preface, I brought the car to Chasers and they had a test drive and put the car up on the lifts and inspected it, saying that the car was very clean and nothing looked to be worn down. All bushings and mounts they saw looked 'new'.

Alright, now for the steering wheel issue; sometimes after travelling over a bumpy section of road or braking moderately hard, the steering wheel has a bit of resistance and alot of squeaking during the first 20 degrees or so off centre, either side. This usually goes away a couple minutes later, but doesnt feel quite right and perhaps some of you know what could be the cause of this? I'm guessing the problem is related to mounts/bearings?

The second issue, is a knocking sound I get from the front left shock that usually presents itself when at full lock, and transitioning onto an incline, i.e. onto a driveway or turning into a carpark. I have yet to hear this sound when driving normally. I'm planning to take the car somewhere to have it looked at specifically once I'm done with exams.

-J

I can take a look at it for you.....

Have a lot of experience with ep3r

Comment

Possibly a tie rod end! Jack up the car and check it!

Comment

Working...
      X