Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing M&M Honda Roll Center Adjusters - DC5

Hey guys,

So I'm deciding to buy the M&M Honda Roll Centre Adjusters (EP3) to put on my DC5.

The thing is they also sell a seperate tool which I'm assuming helps to press in the RCA's into the knuckle. M&M Honda call it the "Roll Center Installation Tool". You can see it in the picture below.

What I want to know is, is this tool necessary at all? Will my mechanic (Hanny's Smithfield) have any problems installing the RCA's?

Just want to make sure so everything goes smoothly on the day. Don't want the hassle of getting him to take my knuckle apart and realise he cant install the RCA's then my car will literally be stuck there.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by andrew84tran; 12-06-09, 03:42 AM.
    eckoflyte

They are probably just cylinders/tubes of the correct diameter to help pressing the ball joint in and out of the knuckle. I would think that any decent workshop would be able to make something work without the dedicated tools. Probably best to call them and ask.

Comment

usually a socket can be used instead, but you risk damaging the part if the press operator is not intelligent enough to work it out...

also personal safety is compromised when using this approach...
      ... retired/

Comment

Comment

Working...
        X