Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Sound coming the front.

Hey dudes,

I've had this problem for awhile now but never got around in posting something on the forums. I hope you have can give me some insight.

I have a clicking or clunk/thumping sound when I change from 1st to 2nd gear and on the odd occasion when turning the steering wheel left or right. The sound seems to be coming from around the wheel base around and surrounding area as though a particular component is loose or shifting.I must say over the years the car seems to be not as solid as it to be, but I am not a driver who totally trashes the car around.
    Initially I thought the culprit was a broken rear mount but after a general service I had the mechanic to check and that wasn't the problem. The mechanic spent good 15 minutes searching but unfortunately couldn't figure it out. Could there be something wrong with the CV joints? Is it normal from general wear and tear?

Thanks in advances

hmm i had a similar problem on one of my previous cars (subaru impreza), took a mechanic 2hrs to find the problem.

Is the noise mostly only when your turning at low speeds? if so, it could be one of your wheel bearings, the mechanic pulled mine out and it was totally shattered. so i got them replaced for around $150.

Maybe get your wheel bearings checked

Comment

Working...
    X