Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R ADM Castor

Hello,

I was wondering what would be the best handling bang for buck mods I can do for my DC5R..

I have tien flex coilovers and RE55's rubber so far, but was wondering what are the next steps to taking my car to the next level?

I recently got a wheel allignment for a track day that I am doing, and i need to change my caster, but the way the dc5 is designed this is not possible.. without either getting a completely new frame or something..

I was wondering if anyone with a dc5r adm has found a way to change their front caster?

DC5 caster can be changed in a number of ways.

Some have seen positive caster gains by loosening the four bolts that fix the subframe to the chassis then levering the frame forward before doing the bolts back up, however gains from this will be minimal.

The most convenient way to increase caster is to either shift the mounting points of the LCA forward, or move the top of the strut backwards. The former can be achieved by using offset bushes, which are manufactured in polyurethane form by Superpro and possibly others, or going to a spherical bearing bush that is offset such as those mad by a few JDM companies like J's Racing, M and M Honda, etc.

The top of the strut can be adjusted rearward in a number of ways. Some companies make a strut top mount that is specifically designed to adjust caster, the best of these in my opinion is going to be produced by a fellow on ClubRSX named Todd: LINK TO DISCUSSION THREAD. Todd's design spaces the strut downward so the adjustment range goes much further rearward for much more caster gain. This is however at the expense of suspension travel, but that shouldn't be a problem with Tein Flex as the height can be adjusted independent of damper stroke. Alternatively the top mounts on most coilovers can be swapped to gain more caster. Mugsee has done this swap hopefully he will chime in with some details.

Comment

Working...
    X