Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Launching a DC5 Type S

Hey DC5S owners

Just a quick question about when you give it some on take off.

When I floor it at the lights in 1st - if it doesnt get traction the whole car shakes (damn Honda not putting LSD in the S) lol.

Once I upgrade to 18's with some decent tyres - will launching be alot better? can anyone tell me from experience?

Noob question, yeah i know. But Iam bored.

Hey [TYPE R]

Ela re youve owned the car for a while now & you havent mastered the take of?

Orite, me personally i try hold the revs at about 3,500-4,000 RPM and let of the clutch as lightly as possible so to not get to much wheelspin & once traction grabs just V-Tech That SH&*^%$#T.

It will be harder to wheel spin with 18's so i suppose you will launch better but just remember dont be afraid to give it some accelrator goodness!

Comment

depends what size ur tyre is. ie 225 would have less wheel spin than 215s
      Blaze Orange

Comment

yeah these 215 standard tyres are slack.

i will be getting 18" wheels 225 on rear 235 on front.

Comment

i had 19s b4 225 all round, no wheel spin from launching roun 3000
          Blaze Orange

Comment

The shake you experiance isn't wheel spin... its axel tramp... and Type R's get it also (Cause Type R's are awesome and they come with a LSD stock).

Comment

Im gonna go plug my I-Pod into my head unit now without the need to spend $700 to do so!

Comment

Originally posted by Type S Tony View Post
                Im gonna go plug my I-Pod into my head unit now without the need to spend $700 to do so!
                snap

Comment

Stiffer negine mounts and decent coilovers help a fair bit.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
                  Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

So your dumping it?

We had a type S gearbox and it landed some good 60fter @ 1/4mile. All in technique.
                    BYP Racing & Developments
                    Built. Tuned. Driven
                    Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

even if i dont dump it, sometimes it still shakes..
                      Last edited by [Type_S]; 02-06-09, 06:47 PM.

Comment

i would have thought the more grip you have the more axle tramp you'll get

Comment

I launch at 2700rpm with a little clutch ride.
                          The Coilovers made the biggest difference. Also the tyres.
                          I got constant 14flat after coilovers and RE001's. only once i got 13.8
                          Still with no LSD. I need engine mounts soon Chi, you gonna be my mate again??
                          Nankangs, Better than Your-Mums-Cans

* Please note, I hate Nankangs.

Comment

Originally posted by PolitoHood View Post
                            I launch at 2700rpm with a little clutch ride.
                            The Coilovers made the biggest difference. Also the tyres.
                            I got constant 14flat after coilovers and RE001's. only once i got 13.8
                            Still with no LSD. I need engine mounts soon Chi, you gonna be my mate again??
                            what wheels/tyre setup you got going?

Comment

Im fitting up a set of 18's on my S on Friday, they have a weird offset but ill write up what launchng is like afterwards so you know.

Comment

Working...
                              X