Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power steering fluid

Hey guys,

I dont have my manual infront of me, but in desperate need of oem power steering fluid for my dc5r. Does anyone know what i need to buy?
    I need to flush out the system asap as we had to put mobil ATF fluid in there. (honda wasnt open) Now found out that this may be harmful to the whole system.

Thanks!

Matty
    skinned knuckle racing

Originally posted by mattyd View Post
    Hey guys,

I dont have my manual infront of me, but in desperate need of oem power steering fluid for my dc5r. Does anyone know what i need to buy?
    I need to flush out the system asap as we had to put mobil ATF fluid in there. (honda wasnt open) Now found out that this may be harmful to the whole system.

Thanks!

Matty
    Get honda fluid from honda. It should be under 20 bucks for 1l which will be enough to flush it.
    EDIT: i pushed the wrong numbers lol
    Last edited by Didz; 01-06-09, 03:27 PM.
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Power Steering Fluid & ATF = Same thing, Unless your steering system uses that clear looking hydraulic fluid!

Comment

Originally posted by Type S Tony View Post
        Power Steering Fluid & ATF = Same thing, Unless your steering system uses that clear looking hydraulic fluid!
        this made me lol.....

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
          this made me lol.....
          Asif their not the same thing?

Comment

lol yeah i know its ATF that goes in

its honda retarded parts needing honda oem fluids only.
            its painful trying to get to a service department when you work 9 - 5 weekdays and drink too much friday night
            skinned knuckle racing

Comment

Do u get a lunch break at work? Get some then.

Comment

Manual says that the capacity of the system is only 0.7L. 2L should be heaps to flush out the system if you want to make sure you get all the old fluid out.

Comment

Flushing the System can get Messy, make sure you wear heaps old clothes so you can change quick smart, otherwise it will look like you got perioded on by a chick!

Comment

hahahah thanks guys so much help in 2 seconds flat.

yeah im not near any stealerships at work.

its all good, called my mechanic and told him to go down to honda and get me some

take the car there on wednesday and get it drained, he can look like he got perioded on by an elephant

OH YEAH.. stay tuned for a write up on my dry sump/ tank/ custom airbox, rocker cover/ cam tower oiling mods which were completed as of saturday =)
                    skinned knuckle racing

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                      Get honda fluid from honda. It should be under 20 bucks for 4l which will be enough to flush it.
                      You're kidding right? 1 litre sells for about $26-30 at dealers.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                        You're kidding right? 1 litre sells for about $26-30 at dealers.
                        I just double checked, its a 1lt bottle i bought. But it was 18 bucks from ringwood honda in victoria?
                        Sorry for the confusion :s
                        Last edited by Didz; 01-06-09, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyd View Post
                          OH YEAH.. stay tuned for a write up on my dry sump/ tank/ custom airbox, rocker cover/ cam tower oiling mods which were completed as of saturday =)
                          aahhh, so u finally got rid of the cam rattle? very interested indeed bro...
                          183.2KW ATW
                          BUILT BY DR HONDA
                          Tuned by INSIGHT MOTORSPORT

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

Working...
                          X