Temp and pressure sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp and pressure sensors

I just got some gauges and am looking for a place to install the water temp, oil temp and oil pressure sensors.

My plan is to be able to return the car to stock eventually when I sell it so I don't want to be cutting tubes or making any alterations to the car without it being reversable.

Where is the most accurate places to put the sensors?

What car?

Water temp: Where it exits the engine it will be its hottest. So a peice in your Top hose. Or as I have mine in the 'housing' as the water leaves the motor to the top hose.

Oil temp: Tapped in the sump, where oil is the hottest. Otherwise to a sandwhich plate.

Oil Pressure: In a sandwhich plate, otherwise to a T peice where the stock sensor is on the back of the block.

You can knock 2 off with one stone of you use a sandwhich plate under your filter.
    Deano.

Comment

as DL001 mention.....top radiator hose for water temp sensor and sandwich plate for oil temp and pressure.......pm me if you need the sandwish plate....I have a brand new spare one lying around.......
      Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
      1)ブレーキを踏む
      2)クラッチを切る
      3)シフトダウンしなから、
        アクセルをぶかす
      4)クラッチをつなぐ
      :blah:
      インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
      人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

It's for a DC5. I'm not too keen on tapping into the top radiator hose or sump as I will have to buy another hose when I return the car to stock. Is it possible to get a T-piece adapter to use at where the stock water sensor is? Where is it located?

I understand that with the sandwich plate, it will be taking a reading pre filter so your not taking the pressure reading before it goes into the engine. I would prefer after filter

Instead of tapping into the sump, is it possible to use the sensor as the sump plug? or is that a really bad idea.

I did some researching and found an oil port adapter that has 4 NPT ports that you can tap into. See pic .
        If I need to run an oil cooler. I think its possible to run the lines off this adapter too.http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/CLU-15152-RWC-000.htmll
        Attached Files
        Last edited by T-BaGGeR; 27-05-09, 04:44 PM.

Comment

T- Bagger, i have seen this adaptor on club rsx but it i belive that it is no good if you are going to run a cooler. That adaptor only has one pressure port coming into it. You will need a sandwitch plate to get a high pressure and low pressure to get flow through the cooler. It would be fine for oil pressure but not so for temp as others have said above.

Comment

Originally posted by wpg81 View Post
            T- Bagger, i have seen this adaptor on club rsx but it i belive that it is no good if you are going to run a cooler. That adaptor only has one pressure port coming into it. You will need a sandwitch plate to get a high pressure and low pressure to get flow through the cooler. It would be fine for oil pressure but not so for temp as others have said above.

Are you saying its not okay for the temp because its not at its hottest?
            Is it okay to use the temp sensor as the sump plug?

Comment

I should say, it will work in the adaptor but the temp may not be spot on. My sensor is in a sandwhich plate and it also may not be spot on. I have got used to temps on hot days, cold days, general driving , hard driving and i work from that.The sensor in the sump plug would work with adaptors but i think it is clumsy. Possible oil leaks and the wire would have to be removed/unpluged each oil change.

Comment

Working...
              X