DC5 TypeS shfit knob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 TypeS shfit knob

Just wondering if you can just untwist the OEM shift knob from a DC5S and swap it with an aftermarket one or do you have to take out the chrome clip and leather covering? Has anyone tried the Civic TypeR spherical knob on the DC5S? Can it fit?

What you do is give the little grey ring attached to the leather boot a big tug downward.
    This will release it from the gear knob. Simply twist off the knob.

Comment

Got it. Can any1 recommend which knob feels better? I quite like the civic type R spherical one. Any1 tried it on their DC5?

Comment

If you change the shift knob, you will need to change/mod your shift boot, or it will be sitting down low with the silver plastic attached.
        sigpic

Comment

Oh man, serious?!?!?!? Some1 recommended taking the boot out and flip it upside down, then cable tie the boot to the shaft. Not a bad idea actually, wonder if it works.

Comment

Well i changed mine, but it didn't sag.
            So you might not need to do anything to it, but be aware it will look crap.

Comment

If you look on club RSX you will find alot of DIY ways to fix the shift boot.

I got this spare, brand new if ur interested http://www.strutking.com/rsx/shift-b...r/prod_22.html PM offer.

I ended up getting a Type R shift boot as a present.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X