Installing TEIN SS on DC5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing TEIN SS on DC5

So I got the coilovers from another club memeber here and PM Ben@OzHonda for installation.
    Everyone at OzHonda vouch for him and he's like the Chuck Norris for honda guys. Hope he's got time otherwise I'll need to ring around the workshops.

Did some research online, got bits & pieces information on lowering a car.
    So I've arrow down a few questions hope you guys can help me out.

1. Where can I buy SPC & Ingall camber kit in SYDNEY?
    2. Do I need both front & rear?
    3. Do I need to adjust the Toe? How?
    4. Do I need anything else to ensure the drop is good for daily drive and minimise tire wear?

Thanks in advance.
    Luxury Integra@ClubITR Drive slow FTW!!! (My Car)

Mate,
    what are you after for your caR?
    If you just after lower height ride, you do not need camber kit at all.
    If you need a camber, you can adjust the camber through your top pillow mount (if you have the tein SS that comes with top pillow mount), if not, then you can ring up burson and get whiteline camber bolts. Whiteline camber bolts are actually ingalls camber bolts.

You just need the front if you want to get negative camber. But rear, you will automatically have negative camber once you lower your ride height. if you want to make it to 0 camber, then you need rear camber kit such as buddyclub, skunk2 or whatever that is on the market.

For toe and camber adjustments, you reallly need to bring it to wheel shops and get them to do wheel alignments. U need to do wheel alignment after u change wheels, tyres, coilovers etc.

the ride height will not affect your tire wear. the camber and toe will affect the tyre wear. If u really want to minimise the tire wear, u can run 0 camber and 0 toe. Although some people here might tell u that having -ve camber is alright, but it will affect the tire wear for sure. The only way to minimise the tyre wear is to rotate your tyres often.. maybe every 5k or 10k kms??

the things that might be affected from the drop of your ride height is the comfort of your ride and scrap.

good luck!
    - Project R -

Comment

Thanks for the info mate.

It's a daily driver, never going to see the track. I low it to improve handling and for the sake of look.

I guess my aim is to retain the factory camber & toe setting. (0 camber and 0 toe = OEM?)

Pretty sure the TEIN SS I got come with the top pillow mount, so you mean I can adjust camber with that? no need to buy aftermarket camber kit?

Comment

There is no camber kit available for DC5. The whole thing is different compare to DC2, you can adjust ur camber from ur pillow ball upper mount for your front, and aftermarket camber kit for your rear. about camber and toe, once you lower your car you will have some neg camber, the more neg camber and the lower your car, will cause more toe in, you may need inverted tie rod ends and shorter tie rod to correctly adjust ur toe. but if you are going to maintain 0 camber and 0 toe then I don't think it will be too much problem with the top pillow mount adjustment. I maybe wrong so don't take my word for it.....someone correct me if I Am wrong *waiting for ChargeR to jump in after 2moro's trackday......lol.....hope that helps....
        Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
        1)ブレーキを踏む
        2)クラッチを切る
        3)シフトダウンしなから、
          アクセルをぶかす
        4)クラッチをつなぐ
        :blah:
        インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
        人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          1. Where can I buy SPC & Ingall camber kit in SYDNEY?
          2. Do I need both front & rear?
          3. Do I need to adjust the Toe? How?
          4. Do I need anything else to ensure the drop is good for daily drive and minimise tire wear?
          1. Try JDMYARD.
          2. As mentioned above, front camber can be adjusted with the pillow top mounts. Depending of how low you go, I would guess you will have around -1.5 to -2.0ish camber at the rear. If you don't want to run that much -ve camber then get a rear camber kit.
          3. Go get an alignment done after the install. The person who is installing the coilovers for you might try and get the toe to as close to 0 as possible. This is obviously difficult so go get a proper alignment.
          4. DC5s look better slammed....
          Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
          "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
          sigpic
          itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
          send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            Thanks for the info mate.

It's a daily driver, never going to see the track. I low it to improve handling and for the sake of look.

I guess my aim is to retain the factory camber & toe setting. (0 camber and 0 toe = OEM?)

Pretty sure the TEIN SS I got come with the top pillow mount, so you mean I can adjust camber with that? no need to buy aftermarket camber kit?
            Eddy and daz have pretty much summed it up I just have one thing to add: Don't run zero camber. The oem rear alignment settings are okay (-0.7 camber and a little toe in) but you should aim for more at the front. I would recommend -1.5 and you wont even notice a difference to your tyre wear.

You will need a rear camber kit to achieve the settings I recommend at the rear.

Comment

Good points guys!

I'm getting a set of SPC Rear Camber Kit from eBay US.
              Ben from OzHonda will install the coilover for me next month, he's a busy man.
              Looking to low it 2" with 1 finger gap to the tyre. =)

Can't wait to get it slammed.

Comment

Working...
              X