• Show
Clear All

heres a small review about the BC coiloves

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111935

Comment

Originally posted by subculture View Post
      heres a small review about the BC coiloves

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111935
      yeh i wrote up the review there lol, will play around a bit with the rears today to try eliminate sources of noise etc etc

Comment

lol....so your stevanbonic....im using my friends account Davoh on ozhonda as i dont have a local internet provider such as ???????@live.com.au and other providers......

how are yours so far?? mine rear springs started to sag/settle in abit now....still goinn good....

Comment

Originally posted by subculture View Post
          lol....so your stevanbonic....im using my friends account Davoh on ozhonda as i dont have a local internet provider such as ???????@live.com.au and other providers......

how are yours so far?? mine rear springs started to sag/settle in abit now....still goinn good....
          its starting to settle in a bit now, set the rears to 18 clicks and the front to 20. getting less road noise now, though im still geting grinding when i hit a corner hard or a nice pothole, slightly worrying.

Comment

had the car parked at the shops the other day and noticed the height wasnt even, went home and found the right side had sagged 15mm.....wtf! anyway got to work and re-adjusted the heights, also found that due to the 15mm sag, the tyres were rubbing the gaurds, hence the noise. took it for a test drive and felt much better, except the damn lower locking ring coming loose on the left mcpherson strut whilst driving lol.
            coils are rattling the shit out of my dash too, so much more ambient noises than before, the shit never ends!
            but.............its fun

Comment

lol the sagging happened to me as well when i put them in for the 1st time about the same as well. but ive never had a ring come loose while driving.

Comment

mine sagged yesterday lol....

Comment

My Swift springs haven't sagged . They are still ever so slightly preloaded the same as when I put them in.

Comment

i tightened my upper perches ever so slightly to remove a bit of play they had, im guessing the sagging/settling is a progressive thing thats happening to the springs at a non linear rate due to different forces they experience eg, big bumps and such.

theyre only 3 weeks old so they should be settled in soon, then the final height adjustment should stay that way..............i hope!

just a question, where can i get cornerweighting done? im aware that it involves having all four wheels on independant scales and matching the front and rear wheels respectively. is this done by adjusting the preload as to even out the weight distribution??

Comment

i just put new tein springs into my tein monoflex.

i do not expect them to 'sag'

corner weighting can be done at Road & Race at rydalmere for a $/hour rate...

or at a flate rate at ProConcept of $135 i have been told...

i *might* be doing mine soon at Rydalmere...
                      ... retired/

Comment

hey tinks, how do u rate the monoflex?
                        did u upgrade to them and how much better were they?
                        sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                          hey tinks, how do u rate the monoflex?

very highly

did u upgrade to them and how much better were they?
                          i upgraded from busted ass Cusco Zero2's

so cant tell as Cusco's were pretty old!

but yeah, the teins are awesoem, even on unsealed roads are acceptable (damper set to minimum)
                          ... retired/

Comment

my 2c. I bought the Toda DA dampers are carefully considering many on the market (less $$ and more $$) ... I am very happy with them, so if you can afford a 'little' more then I would recommend these highly.. Dial in your pre-load, play with your heights without effecting pre-load etc & then adjust dampening accordingly. There are a million articles out there on how to setup suspension, most of them bullshit. If you really want to read into it, get a book on race vehicle suspension dynamics (and be prepared to spend 12 months figuring out all the shit hah.. remember, people spend their entire life devoted to suspension setup for a reason, its a complex gig).

This will look weird cause I only read to the second page.

I don't know if I'd buy 2nd hand dampers .. Don't know the condition of them etc (ie. do they need re-valving? are they bent (remembering that most of the time it isn't visible to the eye) etc.. I'd be very careful.

Comment

Working...
                            X