Wiring Up Defi Link - Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring Up Defi Link - Help Needed

Hi i am going to try to install my Defi Link Meter this weekend, It all looks pretty straight forward except for one thing. One of the wires has to be soldered to the Head Light wire so that when i have my lights on the guages light up.

Can anyone give me any idea where this wire would be. I was going to wire it into the wires out of the ecu much like the install of my RSM but i'm not sure which wire is for illumination??

Can anyone help? Or does anyone have an alternate solutions?
    NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Open up your steering column, then turn on your parkers and find the wire that is emitting the signal. That would be where they're asking you to wire to. So when you turn on your park lights, the guage/meter will light up as well.

However, if you want another method where you have an independent bypass. Find a permanent power source anywhere (I'm sure you know how since you're doing this yourself) and wire it onto that with a switch. That way, you can easily turn the backlid off should you are worried about getting harness by law enforcement "experts".

Comment

I taped into the dimmer switch wire that runs to the Headunit. This was quite accessable for me as I have an aftermarket one. How far through the install are you? I ran all my wires to the engine bay though the grommet to the right of my feet as it provided a cleaner install.
      01 JDM CW DC5R - C pack - 17" RAYS CE28N Bronze - Potenza RE001 - BuddyClub N+ - Mugen Airbox/Header/Twinloop/Strut bar/Therostat/Fan SW/GT Wing - Hondata IMG/K Pro - Bride Seat Rails - Defi BF/Pod - C-West Lip Kit - Super pro castor bushings - Ingalls Camber arms

Comment

Why would you wire up to the head light??? just tap(solder) into park light wire at behind your (OEM) CD player loom. use a multimeter to check which wire it is.Make sure you un-plug connector to CD before you check, (turn on and off headlight switch until you find the right one).

Comment

you could also splice into the cupholder light if you cant be fucked looking for the wire for the HU or dont have a multimeter/light tester
          T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

mine's installed to light up via the headunit also..
            "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

TIP: MAke sure you do a good job with the Earth

I had a earthing problem where the DEFI's would flick off when you turned left.
              ..:: Disciple of the DDang Driving School :: ..
              - Don't rev at me, I get scared -

Comment

Ok i got them installed and they all light up and everything but they wont show a reading and the red light keeps flashing, can anyone help me out with what the problem maybe?
                NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

where did u end up mounting them if u dont mind me asking???

Comment

Check your sensors, if you're flashing warning lights ... You're not getting a signal from your sensors.

Comment

Working...
                    X