Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strange noise coming from brakes

Hey peeps
    So i installed new pads today after getting my rotors machined and while braking there is a strange noise...
    not the normal squeal, its like something is rubbing against concrete/steel/something hard.
    After i noticed this noise, my steering went a little funny and started pulling in different directions, mainly left.

Any ideas?
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Have you correctly beded in the new pads? The steal noise sounds normal, you might not be used to having aftermarket pads (different material).
    Also when you installed them did you seat them correctly and fitted the backing plate (I think that is what you call them) properly? Is the car pulling left when braking only or all the time?
    Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
    "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
    sigpic
    itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
    send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

i think i fixed it. i believe it was a case of bedding in the pads. last time i changed pads they were fairly similar to oem so no real difference in noise, these are ceramic so different.

it was as if it was catching on the rotor and pulling the car to one side, i think its fixed though :P
      sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

i had the same issues with my car, thought they put the pads in the wrong way

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
          Have you correctly beded in the new pads? The steal noise sounds normal, you might not be used to having aftermarket pads (different material).
          Also when you installed them did you seat them correctly and fitted the backing plate (I think that is what you call them) properly? Is the car pulling left when braking only or all the time?
          I think they are called shims.

Comment

I had the exact same issue as well. it happened while i was at a track day and the car pulled left, as the left pads were grabbing on the disc. I cant tell if its fixed yet as I haven’t pushed the car since. How can you tell if you have bedded in the pads wrong?

Comment

Working...
            X