Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Km's

Hi guys,
    Im new to this forum and am currently looking for a future car to purchase..i have a few choices of cars and a Dc5R is on of them,i have done alot of reading in the last few month on all the cars that im thinking of buying and i have tried to do a search on the kilometres on the vtec engine and couldnt really find anything.
    was wondering how many km's in a dc5r integra is too much? like for a 2001 - 2004 model is 100'ish km's too much and how long does the k20 last before it needs a rebuilt if considering the engine has been looked after? does it lose power after a certain km's?

im gonna apologise in advance if the queston has been asked before.

Regards
    ck

My '01 DC5R has 126,000kms on it at the moment and 2000+ track kms. I imagine the motor will last for some time yet. There are other DC5 members on this forum with higher kms that also track their cars heavily and they have no problems either.

100,000kms isn't that high in my opinion, the car shouldn't give any major issues for some time after that if it has been maintained. Also I doubt the first major issue with a DC5 will be engine related. More likely to be suspension or gearbox related.

Comment

My 01 has 156k on it... still feels as good as it did the day I bought it (118k 3 years ago). I have had to replace the gearbox, but otherwise I haven't had any problems (outside normal wear and tear) with the car what so ever.

once the engine does "give up the ghost", I'll be getting a low k's K24 instead of rebuilding the K20.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
        My '01 DC5R has 126,000kms on it at the moment and 2000+ track kms. I imagine the motor will last for some time yet. There are other DC5 members on this forum with higher kms that also track their cars heavily and they have no problems either.

100,000kms isn't that high in my opinion, the car shouldn't give any major issues for some time after that if it has been maintained. Also I doubt the first major issue with a DC5 will be engine related. More likely to be suspension or gearbox related.
        Are you talking about me Tom??
        My 02 DC5R done 160,000+kms on it and about the same track kms as ChargeR.......been hitting the rev limiter in a few occasions too....so far have no problem at all......still as good as new......
        Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
        1)ブレーキを踏む
        2)クラッチを切る
        3)シフトダウンしなから、
          アクセルをぶかす
        4)クラッチをつなぐ
        :blah:
        インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
        人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

100,000km means nothing for a k20 if always been took care
          Project: DC5R>>S2000>>NSX

Comment

Originally posted by ckool View Post
            is 100'ish km's too much and how long does the k20 last before it needs a rebuilt if considering the engine has been looked after? does it lose power after a certain km's?
            Honda builds very good engines.

engineering is exceptional.

so Honda engines have good longevity if looked after...

remember, the K series is the next evolution of the B series - which was built since 1988 - so lots of experience and research in DOHC VTEC
            ... retired/

Comment

Mine has quite a lot of kays, 156k. No signs of weakness so far! and im no fairy when driving it either, i track the car and everything still works very nicely!

Like others have said, the engines are good and strong provided they are looked after. Use quality consumables and the engine will last a long time.
              The only things which will fail are things like bushes, mounts and rubbers and things which wear over time anyway.
              sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

My Type S has only 45,000ks.. what can i say, it drives like new :P

Comment

Originally posted by [Type_S] View Post
                  likewise :P
                  Blaze Orange

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                    Honda builds very good engines.

engineering is exceptional.

so Honda engines have good longevity if looked after...

remember, the K series is the next evolution of the B series - which was built since 1988 - so lots of experience and research in DOHC VTEC
                    A member on here with a gen 2 CRX has a B16a with over 200,000kms on the clock and plenty of them being track kms. This is a testament to Honda engineering because I know this guy doesn't go easy on his engine/car either.

Stock Honda motors seem to love punishment.
                    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by [Type_S] View Post
                      Originally posted by TypeSexy View Post
                      likewise :P
                      Yeah but both of wouldn't know the meaning of "driving a car hard".

Pfft... Type S

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                        Yeah but both of wouldn't know the meaning of "driving a car hard".

Pfft... Type S

I drive hard with my sunroof open

Comment

i might clean my leather seats this weekend. and i got new songs on my mp3 player which ill plug into my double headunit. :P
                          Blaze Orange

Comment

Working...
                          X