K-Pro K20A JDM basemap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K-Pro K20A JDM basemap

Does anyone here have access to a stock (JDM EP3) K-Pro K20A basemap? I've been using the stock ITR cal file that comes with the K-Manager software to start my tuning but am surprised by how much timing i need to take out. As well as fuel btw (up to 25% in many cases).

Would the JDM mapping really be that much different? I understand cams and compression of the JDM K20A are different of course. Hondata has many basemaps but unfortunately not for the JDM K20A apparently...

Cheers,
    PJ

Yes, it would be a fair bit difference probably also a higher rev limit as well

But why bother looking for a JDM K20a map when it will not be perfect for your car any ways?

Even tho you may have a K20a and the base map is for K20a engine each and every car's engine is different. On top of that you will/may have mods different to the car on which the base map was tuned for.

So in the end you will need to tune a map specifically for your car which is the advantage of K-pro any ways.

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
      But why bother looking for a JDM K20a map when it will not be perfect for your car any ways?
      Simple: because i suspect it'll be a much better starting point for tuning than the ITR base map i'm using now. Of course it will still need adjustment - that's why i'm tuning.

Also i'm simply curious to see particularly the ignition timing of the stock mapping so i can compare with my own maps. I would like to see how different my results are from stock.

PJ
      Last edited by PeeJay; 09-05-09, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
        Simple: because i suspect it'll be a much better starting point for tuning than the ITR base map i'm using now. Of course it will still need adjustment - that's why i'm tuning.

Also i'm simply curious to see particularly the ignition timing of the stock mapping so i can compare with my own maps. I would like to see how different my results are from stock.

PJ
        You are correct in respect that a base map will be a closer fit for your car but this "closer" is very minimal as the US guys don't even consider the JDM ITR cams and etc is really much of an upgrade.

If you think using this K20A map will mean you can do less number of changes then you would be wrong. At most it would mean you do smaller changes.

But I can understand you curiosity as I was in your position once.

Do try to do a dyno run before and after to see the difference.

Best our luck for your tuning and have fun with it! Let us know how you go.

Comment

Working...
        X