Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long distance paint protection

Hi all

Well my girlfriend and I have decided to go for a bit of a "road trip" to Sydney in July. Now we are taking the Integra, and as some of you might know, I've recently had this resprayed.

Now as we'll be doing a fair bit of highway driving, and we are planning to go to the Hunter Valley also, I can forsee my front bar and bonnet getting a few stone chips during this time. So to avoid this, I've started looking into some form of protection for the front bar and bonnet.

Does anyone have some knowledge on where I could get a car bra? I have seen a few 2nd hand car bra's for sale on Ebay for DC5's, but haven't been able to locate a company that sells them. Or any other hints and tips one what I can do to avoid some damage.

Any info would be great... I'll make another thread on what there is to see and do in Sydney, but hopefully I'll get to meet a few of you while I'm there.

Thanks

Robi

i've seen some people put tape (don't which kind of tape) all over the front bar and half the bonnet sort of thing when they go track. any one know what type of tape they use? i reckon that'll do the job man, and it wont cost you an arm and a leg...
    183.2KW ATW
    BUILT BY DR HONDA
    Tuned by INSIGHT MOTORSPORT

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

hey man, how bout a car bra?

I been looking into them for awhile, cant find much about them? anyone know where i can get one?
      Blaze Orange

Comment

Yeah i've seen pics of Jaydos's car with tape on the front when he want to a race day recently. I'll send him a PM tonight if he dosn't reply to the thread.

Comment

http://www.carbras.com.au/index.html
          give these guys a call... they may be able to help

Comment

Clear book contact works a treat! Just use book contact and sticky that mofo up.
            Last edited by VTECMACHINE; 08-05-09, 05:03 PM.

Originally posted by ChargeR
            Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

3M painters tape. Blue stuff should last a few days.

I used the Green paint on my front for two days no issues through rain or anything.

Just give it a good wash before you put it on, and a good polish after you take it off.

$20 bucks of tape and some weird looks is what you'll get.
              /Oo ___H___ oO\
              |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

I used cloth tape, only problem it is a little bit too sticky and took paint off from near a stone chip on the front bar (replica front bar though so paint is not the best quality). It would go fine on the stock front bar and stays on through wet and dry and easy to get on/off. Painters tape might be the way to go though I think.
                Just Hit VTec Yo!!

Comment

Coming via Tamworth? If you're going to the Hunter Valley, it's probably not a bad way to go!

If so, drop me a message and we'll organise to meet up!
                  | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Hmm... seems like painters tape might be the way to go. I might try it out in the coming weeks and get back to you guys.

To the people that have done it, basically if you put it on, use it for a few days, take it off and wash the car and hey presto no chipped paint. Dosn't fade the paint or anything.

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
                    Coming via Tamworth? If you're going to the Hunter Valley, it's probably not a bad way to go!

If so, drop me a message and we'll organise to meet up!
                    Thread made Click here
                    Last edited by 45SET; 08-05-09, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Nope shouldn't be bad, just make sure you use the 3M branded stuff, I'd reccomend the blue tape for yourself.

Make sur eyou get the widest roll possible. It's expensive but it comes off nicely. Shouldn't leave any marks behind.
                      /Oo ___H___ oO\
                      |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Agree, painters tape is good. Made it from Tasmania to Sydney without a scratch:

ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Comment

Interesting... you think i can put it over my number plate to... hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
                            Clear book contact works a treat! Just use book contact and sticky that mofo up.
                            You can use look a like Carbon Fibre contact. It'll look sick.

Originally posted by ChargeR
                            Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim80y View Post
                              Agree, painters tape is good. Made it from Tasmania to Sydney without a scratch:

Heeeey! That's at Civic Mobil petrol station in Canberra isn't it!? Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X