Knocking noise after coilovers put in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yagami View Post
    By doing this, will this lower my ride height?
    Nope. It will raise it.

Comment

it won't do anything to your ride height

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
        Wat?

Comment

You need to loosen the bottom perch connected to the base, not the 2 perches holding the springs up and turn the tube itself to adjust the height.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
          Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

it should raise it.
            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post
              You need to loosen the bottom perch connected to the base, not the 2 perches holding the springs up and turn the tube itself to adjust the height.
              yes, if you wanted to change height, that is what you do.

but to stop clunking springs, you adjust the top spring seat position,

stop confusing the thread Chi...
              ... retired/

Comment

I thought It would be helpful info if he felt the height was not what he desired after 'raising' the car.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
                Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

huh? how does it raise the height?

Comment

Ok, when i get home i'll give tinkerbells method a go. I'll let you all know how i go. Thanks for all the help!!

Comment

huh? how does it raise the height?
                      by compressing the spring, the car want to rise higher than it was before...

it is physics.

Originally posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_(device)
                      Hooke's law
                      Most springs (not stretched or compressed beyond the elastic limit) obey Hooke's law, which states that the force with which the spring pushes back is linearly proportional to the distance from its equilibrium length:

F=-kx
                      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post
                        I thought It would be helpful info if he felt the height was not what he desired after 'raising' the car.
                        lets sort out the clunks, then worry about ride-height and corner-weighting...
                        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                          by compressing the spring, the car want to rise higher than it was before...

it is physics.
                          I don't quite understand, I can't see how the spring will affect the ride height, No matter how much you compress it or if you have the correct pre-load setting judging from this picture.

Maybe I am missing something big here.

I was under the impression that the ride height and the pre-load are independant on the N+ for the DC5
                          Attached Files

Comment

I don't quite understand, I can't see how the spring will affect the ride height, No matter how much you compress it or if you have the correct pre-load setting judging from this picture.

Maybe I am missing something big here.
                            yes, you are missing something big, about 1300kg

where are you factoring in the weight of the car when the shock is installed?

does it not compress when you lower the car to the ground?

therefore, by compressing the spring by turning the spring seat up - it will reduce this compression that occurs when you lower the car back to the ground (and let the weight of the car press on the top of the coil-over) due to the higher 'push back' from the compressed spring...

OK?
                            ... retired/

Comment

oh yeh!, thats a pretty big thing to miss there
                              I got it now. Thanks!

Comment

I got it now. Thanks!
                                sweet
                                ... retired/

Comment

Working...