dc5 double din plate ICE PROBLEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dc5 double din plate ICE PROBLEM

so i just bought a new alpine cda-9887 single din headunit and an alpine sliding ipod storage pocket (also a single din unit) only to find the factory headunit on my Type S is a din and a half dont want the standard type r faceplate as the pocket looks shit, and i can only find left hand drive faceplates that converts to 2 dins.............does anyone know where i can source a dc5 console plate that converts to 2 single din slots???

furthermore if anyone has done anything inventive when they have run into this problem with the half din (pocket) can you post sum pics up please........
    Last edited by stevan; 27-04-09, 05:23 PM. Reason: mistype

You might have more luck over at ozhonda.

edit- try asking jingers or monty as they might not need theirs for their DC5's.
    Last edited by daz; 28-04-09, 02:14 AM.
    Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
    "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
    sigpic
    itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
    send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

all good ! car is at the installers and should be ready tomorrow lunch.....will post some pics of the finished result and some when i install my Gruppe M...cant wait!!

Comment

with the ipod storage thingy, did you buy the KTX-550iD???

how much did you pay??? RRP is $129 which seems exxy.

thanks

Comment

yeh its the KTX alpine storage pocket, i ordered it from auto sound and vision in castle hill for $120. Pretty surprised how loud and CLEAR the install sounds even without any dynamatting, cheers to the guys from Lifestyle at Northmead for the quality job!

Overall im pretty happy with the final look of the centre console, gone are the days when having a descent deck in a double din looks shit......anyways heres some pics and a vid after the install..........

video of me messin around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYXu5UwNu3k

Comment

very nice. well done.

Comment

Working...
            X