Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch issue

Hi guys;

I have this issue with my clutch that it vibrates whilst being depressed or released.

It is hard to describe, but as the pedal travel should be normal and consistant, it sometimes does this under hard braking or when braking over bumps and ABS kicks in.

Instead of having consistant feel thorughout the pedal travel; it sometimes becomes rough or light.

This has come about since I did a clutch fluid flush from the slave cylinder.

I replaced the clutch fluid with Motul RBF600. I did the flush correctly and never let the resovoir go to minimum, continually topping it up.

Any ideas on the cause of the problem or how to rectify?

Chris.
    "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

if you can describe the fluid flush you did, that will help.

but i want to ask why you mention your clutch whilst braking?

what is the relationship to your clutch and braking?

do you change gears whilst braking hard/violently? is this the only time that your clutch feels weird?
    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
      what is the relationship to your clutch and braking?
      I'm guessing he means when he hard brakes and then heel and toe to down gear.

Comment

Fluid flush:

Undo nipple on slave cylinder, go and pull clutch pedal up and down whilst my brother topped up the reservoir.

Not sure why it does it but sometimes whilst Im braking and I gear down (not necessarily heel and toe), I feel it vibrate.

Do you think there is air in the system?

I dont have any leaks and I did thought I did the flush correctly.

Comment

I reakon your brakes are warped and you are just feeling it through your right foot, or something like that.

Originally posted by ChargeR
          Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

DC2 or DC5??

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
              I reakon your brakes are warped and you are just feeling it through your right foot, or something like that.
              brakes are definately not warped. I know what warped brakes feel like because I had them. - (not sure about you but I press the clutch pedal with my left foot)

Car is a DC2R

Doesnt necessarily happen during braking - can happen normally as well.

My guess is that there is air in the system - not sure how - or that the fluid is no good. Or that the new fluid has mixed with the old fluid and that is no good.

Either way. Will probably get it flushed again. Should I do it with RBF600? or is that a waste? Just get OEM clutch fluid?
              Last edited by l3vnd1; 21-04-09, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by l3vnd1 View Post
                Fluid flush:

Undo nipple on slave cylinder, go and pull clutch pedal up and down whilst my brother topped up the reservoir.
                I think this is potentially part of your problem. It sounds like you are lifting the pedal with the bleed screw open which is going to introduce a small amount of air into the system. When I bleed my clutch I follow the same procedure as one would for brakes:
                1. Pump and hold pedal to floor
                2. Open bleed screw
                3. Close bleed screw
                4. Release pedal
                5. Repeat
                6. ???
                7. Profit

Comment

hmmmm I think you may be right.

Might do your procedure for a little bit tonight as I have a track day tomorrow!

Comment

I use an 8mm transparent PVC hose so you can tell if there are air bubbles in the line... i pump the clutch pedal (while topping up the reservoir regularly) till the fluid in the hose runs clear without bubbles.

Comment

Working...
                    X