Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dc2r Compression test recommendations

hey guys,

can anyone recommend a decent place to get compression tests on my car done that wont charge too much for the job...No issues persay, just thinking after 9years of vtec'ing that i would like know how the car is holding up and how much power if any it has dropped......

more of a pre-concerning, curiousity factor involved...

if anything i will check hanny's, but thought a more performance orientated shop may be better

Rexxy

I would just go buy one and do it yourself. It will probably be cheaper to buy the tool then getting someone to do it. plus it's nice to have around when you need it.
    "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

thought about it, but with my limited knowledge of all things mechanical, the idea of having to disabling fuel system worries me (altho maybe removing fuse would work), and then i wouldnt be too sure if i was getting correct readings...specially if they came back in the 100's ( b18c7 sposed to be low 200's i think)

its the unknown i think......

Comment

you can remove the ecu fuse to turn off the fuel. if you look at the manual it should tell you the correct readings.
        "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

what me RTFM ? but i have this forum, its much nicer than reading a manual.... ;-)

Comment

doh just reading al i have on laptop here at work, then realised it was for US R.....b18c5.....doh

altho i didnt actually understand what i was reading for thaat engine anyways...

Compression 250 rpm and wide open throttle Minimum
            kPa (kgf/cm' ,p si) Maximum variation
            930 (9.5, 135)
            200 Q.0,281

Comment

sorry guy I don't remember it off hand but that is why I just use the manual for reference.
              "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

Working...
              X