This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tuannn View Post
    Hey guys, would there be any issue with running CE28Ns with the stock lug nuts ?
    the issues you could have far outweigh the expense of a $60 set of nuts...
    ... retired/

Comment

Such as stock nuts being easy to remove? See I'm learning! Think most people here would recommend lock lug nuts to prevent theft.

Poster might want to know but I do also - whats the best bang for buck lock lug nuts?

Comment

The mounting seat in the wheels for the lug nuts are a different shapes for Oem and aftermarket. One is an acorn shaped seat the other a ball shaped seat.
        Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
        http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Originally posted by iamvinny View Post
          Such as stock nuts being easy to remove? See I'm learning! Think most people here would recommend lock lug nuts to prevent theft.

Poster might want to know but I do also - whats the best bang for buck lock lug nuts?
          If you're willing to pay about 100+ I'd recommend mcgards if you want lock nuts or a bit more genuine ray volks lock nut. I wouldnt go replica because they are rubbish. I personally run steel wheel nuts. I've had bad experiences with aluminium. Plus those specs on the ce28's you will definately hit rear trailing arm if you don't run spacers. They should be okay at the front
          Last edited by Hau; 09-09-13, 03:53 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

What about lug nuts under $100? (don't need to be lock nuts) Shop I'm buying from said they'd include Blackworks Racing nuts for $99 with my wheels.

Comment

What about lug nuts under $100? (don't need to be lock nuts) Shop I'm buying from said they'd include Blackworks Racing nuts for $99 with my wheels.
              Ive had those. Not a fan at all. I had the extended verson. For something under $100 you want something made out of steel. I know jdmyard sell steel ones for just under $100 . Just not sure they have in stock. And what are the spec wheels you plan on buying if its what i saw in a earlier post 18x8.5 +44 it wont fit on the rear so id suggest something with lower offset. Say +35 max
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the reply. What specs would the nuts need to be if its 18x8.5 +44 all round?

Comment

I use steel nuts from taleb tyres was 30buks posted. Google it, they do the job for me =)

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

I use black steel ones from japan. Simple. Open ended. Black. Pm for info
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

http://www.jdmyard.com/index.php?rou...product_id=643

i bought these a couple days ago. Thoughts?

Comment

Perfect man!!!
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Thanks for the reply. What specs would the nuts need to be if its 18x8.5 +44 all round?
                          I dont mean the wheel nuts. I mean the wheels wont fit on the car. If this is going on a dc5 the wheels wont fit the car. The offset is too high.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah? They told me they'd fit fine - they also have +38. Why would they say they'll fit if they'd just have to exchange them or refund me though? Cars only lowered 1-2 inches.

Comment

Yeah? They told me they'd fit fine - they also have +38. Why would they say they'll fit if they'd just have to exchange them or refund me though? Cars only lowered 1-2 inches.
                              They just mean the stud pattern is correct. They have no idea on what width/offset suits what car

Even if it just clears the RTA, you won't be able to turn up front

Comment

Originally posted by PENUT View Post
                                They just mean the stud pattern is correct. They have no idea on what width/offset suits what car

Even if it just clears the RTA, you won't be able to turn up front
                                I explained to them it was a DC5, lowered 1-2" etc - they said it'd be fine. What kind of offset/width should I be looking into then? I'd like to avoid having them too 'sunken in' to the fender, more so flush with it without having to mod them though.

Comment

Working...
                                X