This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hau View Post
    With those specs you will need shortened tie rods, as you will need to run a bit of camber so there will be less poke. With the amount of camber you're gonna run and you want your toe to be zero so you dont wear out your tyres faster. You will also need your rear guards rolled and rear camber kit. To run aggressive specs there is a lot of work that need to be done so you can make it fit nicely
    Ah thanks dude... It's gonna be a timely process... My brother told me its $2,900 & 2Months Wait...

I haven't purchased just yet, i really don't want to tap into my savings for anything unnecessary at the moment (Jobless hehe) so it would be wise for me to wait even though i wanna just get it so the wait is less but :/

I don't think everything will be up and running until the end of this year then hmmm...

Comment

dont think about rims unless u got a job. hell dont even think about modding the car...
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Johnneee View Post
        Is it possible to run this fitment without modified tie rods?
        Yeh, forgot to add, you will need front camber bolts to increase the negative camber at the front. Modified tie rods just help you give, more negative camber, better steering and keep 0 toe. This is how my car currently looks with 17x9 +22 with only camber tops which would only give me -1.2 degree camber, soon i will have modified tie rods and camber bolts that will let me run a more aggrsssive set up in the future if need be

Last edited by itr5093; 29-07-13, 10:54 PM.
        Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
          dont think about rims unless u got a job. hell dont even think about modding the car...
          Yes i know... Resigning from work wasn't the smartest but it wasn't working out owell...

I have the funds, it would just be smarter to wait it out abit you know its one of those things that you don't want too do but you should haha.

Comment

Need more camber in front! looks nice though. This set up would be too aggressive for track right?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnneee View Post
              Need more camber in front! looks nice though. This set up would be too aggressive for track right?
              Yeh soon I'll be running -2.5 all round, no not aggressive at all. I've seen people go on track with a more aggressive setup
              Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
                Yeh soon I'll be running -2.5 all round, no not aggressive at all. I've seen people go on track with a more aggressive setup
                Ive heard that the dc5 handles better with a aggressive setting but idk if this is true or not. Im also running 17x9 +22 with 235/45 and -3 degree camber. My next alignment im plannig on going -3.5 all round
                sigpic

Comment

18 x 9.5 + 22, how do you guys think this would sit on a dc5? :O
                  Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

i run 17x9.5+22 on 225/45. prefer 235/40 ...

if u go 18inch u need to eb really low, or u run a kit of some sort.
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

i run 17x9.5+22 on 225/45. prefer 235/40 ...

if u go 18inch u need to eb really low, or u run a kit of some sort.
                      Only getting into wheel fitment myself now, why is it that I'd have to be really low to pull it off?
                      Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

Comment

because your car will look too high?
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

because your car will look too high?
                          Ah obviously yeah, thought there may be another underlying issue that I didnt think about. Was another reason I wanted to run 18's, as I could make it look "lower".

Running 17's atm and I'm hating the massive wheel gap although my car looks deceptively low in the front!

Comment

if u have a kit your car cna pull off 17/18inch. having siasd that, it also depends on the style of wheel oo.. my missus used to have her black dc5 with no kit on 18inch bbs lm. mind u the car was low. if it was higher it would have looked bad. midn u it was pulled off well beaucse car was black also.
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

if u have a kit your car cna pull off 17/18inch. having siasd that, it also depends on the style of wheel oo.. my missus used to have her black dc5 with no kit on 18inch bbs lm. mind u the car was low. if it was higher it would have looked bad. midn u it was pulled off well beaucse car was black also.
                              Ahh okay, thanks for your input. How are the 9.5 + 22 sitting on your car atm? Is it tucked or is it wide or nice and straight?

Comment

they are ok. same stance as my old regamasters. looks a tad weak with the 225/45 upfront though. will go 235/40 eventually
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X