Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive ran 215/40 before and its too stretched for my liking. Your speedo will be faster by 5 km +. Eg. Your speedo reads 100km but you're actually going 95km. Also the rolling diameter is smaller so you are actually clocking more kms on your odo than what you're actually doing. Also when i was running 215/40 the car was too low and i was scraping everywhere I go

Heres some pics of my car with 215/40R17 wheel specs are 17x9 +22:

This is what I am running now 235/45R17 and I also had to raise the car so i wouldnt scrub. -3 degree camber in the rear
    Last edited by Hau; 22-07-13, 06:43 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Wow this is amazing, really helps put it into perspective. I must say I really do like the look and fitment of the 215/40s. The speedo doesnt worry me however the kms clocking up incorectly would be annoying. Could you have lowered it more? And also had you done any mods to prevent scraping? Im assuming you needed some mods to get -3?

Comment

Originally posted by abez24 View Post
        Wow this is amazing, really helps put it into perspective. I must say I really do like the look and fitment of the 215/40s. The speedo doesnt worry me however the kms clocking up incorectly would be annoying. Could you have lowered it more? And also had you done any mods to prevent scraping? Im assuming you needed some mods to get -3?
        I could lower it more but i couldnt get into my driveway without scraping the front lip. Also i wouldnt be able to get over any speed humps without scraping my exhaust or lip. Its not pratical for a daily imo. And yes you will need rear camber kit to get it to -3. Tbh i think -4 is a bit too aggressive for the dc5 i peesonally wouldnt go lower than +12 but thats just me anyway.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
          I could lower it more but i couldnt get into my driveway without scraping the front lip. Also i wouldnt be able to get over any speed humps without scraping my exhaust or lip. Its not pratical for a daily imo. And yes you will need rear camber kit to get it to -3. Tbh i think -4 is a bit too aggressive for the dc5 i peesonally wouldnt go lower than +12 but thats just me anyway.
          Yea im strugling with my driveway as it is but I can work something out for that
          Yea -4 is seeming like way to aggressive but they just look so good
          Its good to see your fitment though, has helped aloy

Comment

dont done buuy 17x9 -4
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Just need some quick help here ... and I know many of you had many experience with wheels.

So got the new DC5R as many of you know and need track wheels ASAP so I can get on the track 7th of Aug at QR.
              But it has the Full JDM DC5R Brembo Conversion which includes all Hubs, LCA and Rotors and to my knowledge it sits 15mm further out than the AUDM setup.
              I test fitted 17x9 +38 Regamasters MP with 255/40 RE55S just a few hours ago and they fit quite good, with no scrubs.

I want to purchase Enkei RPF1 17x9 +35 because I know they will fit all round but the people I want to buy it from do not have them in stock and lead time is 6 weeks, but they are very cheap $1190 delived to door! But they do have Enkei 17x9 +22 in stock and 17x9.5 +38 in stock also at the same price. I am wondering if the 17x9.5 +38 will clear all round (I know I will require some guard rolling and removal of plastic inner guards) ? If not my option is to staggered setup them. Let me know your opinion on the fitment and will it clear.

Thanks guys, appreciate it alot!

Comment

17x9.5 +38 will fit on the front without issues. Im not sure about the rear. How much clearance did you have with the rear trailing arm when you test fitted 17x9 +38?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
                  17x9.5 +38 will fit on the front without issues. Im not sure about the rear. How much clearance did you have with the rear trailing arm when you test fitted 17x9 +38?
                  I used to have 17x9 +35 all round on the old car and it didnt have much clearance ... I'd assume it wouldn't clear unless I use spacers. Just more so worried about the front, as I can just run a 17x9 +22 or buy pair of 17x9 +35 second hand from gumtree. Thanks

Comment

If you got the hubs amd everything for the front off a jdm dc5 17x9.5 +38 will fit without hitting anything. As you can run 17x9 +38 without issues on the front on thw audm dc5. The rear is where i would be worried. Also your brembo clearance too
                    sigpic

Comment

I reckon 17x9.5+38 on the jdm hub setup will be beautiful.
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Stephen_Aus did you test fit the 17x9 +38 MP w/255/40 at both the front and the rear? I would have thought that the 255 on that wheel might be a little too much at the rear with the JDM hub setup.

I think that for track work the 17x9.5 +38 will be a bit too aggressive at the rear and might reduce your tyre choices a bit, ie. a 255/40 will be a tough fit on that wheel at the back without a lot of camber. That will negate the benefits of running a non-staggered setup IMO. If it were me I'd get a pair of 17x9 +45 or +35 for the rear and run the 9.5 +38 at the front with 255/225 tyres. That's basically what I ran on my car back in the day.

Comment

I've just bought from Autotechnik Tuning a set of Enkei RPF1's 17x9.5 +38 & 17x9 +22 for $1200 delivered (how cheap is that!)

I currently have my A050 235/45/17 from my previous wheels so they will be going on those wheels. So I will be running those until they wear down, until later on I will be considering buying a new set of A050 255/40 front and 235/40 rear ... I'm hoping that will go well with track duties.

I'm going to go through your build thread to see how you went with your fitments

Comment

I was also really close to considering 17x10 +38 ... but I knew that would be cutting it very very close!

Comment

what's everyone thoughts on wheel fitments...

18 or 17's? For a DC5S.

Man im trying to decide on my first wheels ever... its hard =[ i know NOTHING about fitments...

Just want aggressive, nice stance look, fills guard, camber

Comment

Originally posted by steven93 View Post
                                what's everyone thoughts on wheel fitments...

18 or 17's? For a DC5S.

Man im trying to decide on my first wheels ever... its hard =[ i know NOTHING about fitments...

Just want aggressive, nice stance look, fills guard, camber
                                17's! Check out the wheel fitment thread
                                > http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...894#post254894

Comment

Working...
                                X