Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys, will be running 17x9 255/40 and 17x8 235/40 and i think the offset is +27

car is dropped on n+'s..

cannot fit a finger in on front with a lil camber, just test fitting it.. what do i need to do?

roll guards? cut splash guard?

Comment

Originally posted by dr.k20z1 View Post
      hey guys, will be running 17x9 255/40 and 17x8 235/40 and i think the offset is +27

car is dropped on n+'s..

cannot fit a finger in on front with a lil camber, just test fitting it.. what do i need to do?

roll guards? cut splash guard?

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i.../IMAGE_037.jpg
      You will definitely need to roll the rear guards. At the front there isn't much to roll, you can add some more camber, cut a section out of the fenderliners and remove the clips, then possibly bend up the tabs where the fenderliners mount. As a last resort you can roll/flare the front guards like I have:

I have done a fair few ghetto mods to my front guards, I will take some pics and post up in the next couple of days.

Comment

put on all 4 just b4, rear doesnt scrap or nothing! got natural camber... abit.. so yeah

but front is hektic lol.. full lock and on any bump it scraps.. will try cutting the fender liners and raising it 2-3 cms.. see how i go.. i love the way it looks atm!

Comment

put on all 4 just b4, rear doesnt scrap or nothing! got natural camber... abit.. so yeah

but front is hektic lol.. full lock and on any bump it scraps.. will try cutting the fender liners and raising it 2-3 cms.. see how i go.. i love the way it looks atm!
          . I would have thought the rears would need rolling for sure. My 8.5 +30s with 235s on them were sitting on the guard before I rolled them. Nice work.

The front doesn't look tooooo extreme so hopefully hacking up the fenderliners will get you the clearance you need .

Comment

work equips?
            "as engages in 3rd God himself descends from the heavens and runs behind the car thrusting you forward"

Comment

Originally posted by aidannn View Post
              work equips?
              yeah boy!

will post better pics once all done!

Comment

Hi Guys,

I have 18x8.5 +42 rims with 235/40 tires on my car. Front has -1.5 camber on front and -3.0 on rear.. the wheel alignment guy recommended i get a camber kit and roll rear guards to reduce the camber on the rear? what camber kits are ppl using here? or any other fixes to reduce the camber?

Comment

yeah boy!

will post better pics once all done!
                  awesome.
                  "as engages in 3rd God himself descends from the heavens and runs behind the car thrusting you forward"

Comment

camber is for the highrollers baby! who settles for 0 camber haha

i say roll guards, get camber kit + drop and get some crazy neg camber

my 2c

Comment

Originally posted by beanz View Post
                      Hi Guys,

I have 18x8.5 +42 rims with 235/40 tires on my car. Front has -1.5 camber on front and -3.0 on rear.. the wheel alignment guy recommended i get a camber kit and roll rear guards to reduce the camber on the rear? what camber kits are ppl using here? or any other fixes to reduce the camber?
                      The wheel alignment guy is wise. It would be a good idea to reduce the rear camber with a "camber kit" if only to improve handling. You may be able to reduce the rear camber significantly without rolling the rear guards, but if you roll the rear guards you will be able to run nearly zero camber. Not that I would advise you to do such things, camber gets the chicks.

On the subject of rear camber arms I have no comment, I have never adjusted my rear camber.

Comment

hey tom what are my chances of fitting 15x9 +9 on my car hahaha?

u think its physically possible to pull the guards that much?

or shall i just go for the +21 ?

thoughts?
                        Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                        some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                        Originally posted by tinkerbell
                        if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                        A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                        Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

15x9 +9? holy shit!...
                          BYP Racing & Developments
                          Built. Tuned. Driven
                          Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
                            15x9 +9? holy shit!...
                            hah the way i look at it is i got 15x7 +20 now clears quite easily i think i could run 7" +10 without modding it to much

but i wonder if i can find an extra ~27mm to clear the 9" +9 haha..
                            Memorable quotes

Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Originally posted by Wlee2 View Post
                              hey tom what are my chances of fitting 15x9 +9 on my car hahaha?

u think its physically possible to pull the guards that much?

or shall i just go for the +21 ?

thoughts?
                              I don't know how I feel about that guy. Wheels that aggressive have been done by Heymikeyyyy from honda tech. This is a 9.5 0 offset with a 205/40. I assume 16". That is starting to get a little silly, I think you could make a 9 +21 fit easily enough if you put a 205 on it or something:

Originally posted by Wlee2 View Post
                              hah the way i look at it is i got 15x7 +20 now clears quite easily i think i could run 7" +10 without modding it to much

but i wonder if i can find an extra ~27mm to clear the 9" +9 haha..
                              A 9" +9 is 36mm more aggressive than your current setup dude.

EDIT: Ahh now I see what you were saying, you were referring to the new setup being that much more than your current setup with a 10mm spacer.
                              Last edited by ChargeR; 12-06-09, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                                A 9" +9 is 36mm more aggressive than your current setup dude.
                                i know

read the start i said i could run a 7" +10 easily without much modding

but where would i get the extra ~26mm to fit a 9" +9 =P
                                Memorable quotes

Comment

Working...
                                X