Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Ep3's 17x9 +35 is enough unless you want to go +22 which requires playing around with Camber and rolling guards.
    ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

Re: ◄◄◄◄ The Wheel Fitment Thread ►►►►

17x9 +20 is pretty darn Mexican for an EP3 on the rear even with 215/45 and -2.5 degrees camber. If you're just after hellaflushawesomesauce then it's all good but for driveability I wouldn't recommend any more than 8.5.

fran, the BBS were sold two weeks ago. I think you'll like the new set up I have planned. ETA April/May. Think chunky tyres and aggressive fitment.

Comment

Originally posted by Symphorced View Post
        17x9 +20 is pretty darn Mexican for an EP3 on the rear even with 215/45 and -2.5 degrees camber. If you're just after hellaflushawesomesauce then it's all good but for driveability I wouldn't recommend any more than 8.5.

fran, the BBS were sold two weeks ago. I think you'll like the new set up I have planned. ETA April/May. Think chunky tyres and aggressive fitment.
        ha good man, im looking forward to this update mate

Comment

Hey guys, so my new set-up is complete, my DC2R sports 235/40/17 sized tyres up front and 215/45/17 at the rear. Wheels sizes are 17x8.5 +49mm F and 17x7.5 +43mm R. The guards have been rolled today by PhilB, who was fantastic, while an alignment has been booked for tomorrow in anticipation of a track night this Thursday. I'll be dialing in 2.75-3" negative camber front and back.

Though, there is a problem already: when on full lock, the inside front edge of the front tyres rub against the cars engine bay under the wheel wells.

Is there a ailment for this problem that makes parking a small nightmare? Could i run spacers to increase the distance of the tyre from the engine bay?
          Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

how much camber would i need to fit 17x9 +22 on a 235/45 tyre with the height about 1-2 finger gaps, and how would i go about achieving this camber? is todds tie rods and rear camber kit enough?

thanks.

Comment

Daniel. I used to run the exact same specs!!!! You will need approx -3.5 front and -3 rear. Rolled guards have to be done too. Absokutely no scrubbing at all.

Any reason u wamma run a tall 235/45 tyre? I only chose that tyre as previously i had my car lowrered so it the guards was just on the tyre. Due to lip kit n my steep driveway i needed this big side wall to prevent me touching the concrete.

Look for a 225/45 or 235/40 tyre man

17x9+22 235/45/17

Then i raised it 20mm

Last edited by plAythiNG; 25-01-13, 05:53 AM.
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Originally posted by danielj View Post
                how much camber would i need to fit 17x9 +22 on a 235/45 tyre with the height about 1-2 finger gaps, and how would i go about achieving this camber? is todds tie rods and rear camber kit enough?

thanks.
                Alex is right, look for some 235/40 if you can. 45 is a bit much. (Might sell mine soon if you want )

In terms of what you'll need, you'll need a rear camber kit. I ran my x9 on natural camber for a bit, but just incase. Definitely bolts in conjunction with your camber tops, Todds to get a bit more. You should be able to get about -2.5-ish with just the bolts and camber tops.

Comment

Also the rear. If you dont want to get a rear camber kit, u can run the car lower and the natural camber will be enough to stop the wheel/tyres scrubbing against the guards.. Mind you this was a 225/45 tyre against 17x9+22.
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

ahh! thanks heaps for the insight alex and matt

i was thinking the 235/45 option coz i've got a set of ku31's in that spec just collecting dust in my garage. so that was the cheap option.
                    225 on a 9 inch is a bit too much stretch for my liking, especially if i'm gonna be tracking on them. (but what are your thoughts on this?)
                    235/40 would be the ideal option, but tirerack only offer 235/45 in the hankook rs-3's that i was after..
                    opinions...

also, rear camber kit and camber bolts should be enough? no need for tie rods?

Ta!

Comment

hmm yeah sucks that the RS3's dont come in 235/40 as I found a tyre shop in sydney selling 235/45 dirt cheap adn wished they offered a smaller profile....

it might be a cheaper option running the tyres you already have in your garage, but you can easily offset them to an evo owner.. and ku31 are only an average tyre.. if theyt wre baller tyres then maybe yo'd consider running them. I personally wouldnt see any danger running 225/45 on on a 9j wheel on the track. Like you, personally i would go for the 235..40 but IMO once you transition from that 225 to 235 wide tyre you have to prepare to run more camber!

Heres some mroe shows of a 17x9 +18 235/45 tyre. 1-2 finger gaps all around;

Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

dc5 enkei rpf1 +35 with 245/40

I have a set of enkei looking to put them on tomorrow on my integra. 17x9 +35 offset and looking at 245/40/17 tyres, has anyone done this before? Bob Jane me its a bad idea to put 245/40 the front is going to scrape. Stock height atm no guard rolled, what do you guys think and anyone have this rim or tyre size?

cheers

Comment

Re: dc5 enkei rpf1 +35 with 245/40

You'll most likely scrub on every dip, speedhump and pothole you encounter on the road if you're running on completely stock suspension without rolled guards.

Comment

What size tyre u think is better?

Comment

maybe 235/40 or 235/45 would be smaller? and fit better?

Comment

dc5 enkei rpf1 +35 with 245/40

I have 245 on the same wheel. Not
                                Lowered crazy. Not much scrubbage at all

Comment

Working...
                                X