Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh cool. yea i knew the rear would be the main problem.. how about 17x10 +38? or is it just impossible to fit 10 inch at the rear regardless of offset..

Comment

Originally posted by ggwpty View Post
      I think it would be possible, as long as you're willing to do what it takes to fit them i.e. roll guards (possibly even pull them a bit?) and lots of camber.

Do you actually know what it'll look like on a dc5? Coz it's going to be sticking out from the guards heaps.
      i want to test fit them to see how much thell stick out. noone stocks that setup though

Comment

CCW maybe? Go for a brand who can custom make the wheels so you can choose your offset
        Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

You'll have suspension scrubbing issues with 17x10 +38. If it's just a street machine, I wouldn't bother with such aggressive wheel specs (just my opinion). What kind of look are you trying to achieve? Also, check out the front page - http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6072 - it has a bunch of aggressive wheel specs and corresponding pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by ggwpty View Post
            You'll have suspension scrubbing issues with 17x10 +38. If it's just a street machine, I wouldn't bother with such aggressive wheel specs (just my opinion). What kind of look are you trying to achieve? Also, check out the front page - http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6072 - it has a bunch of aggressive wheel specs and corresponding pictures.
            just looking to achieve the widest and most aggressive look, however comfortable enough to drive around daily. having said that though i dont mind a lowered car or extreme camber..

Comment

^^ Go for 17x9+22 ish offset. 225/45/17 tyres, roll of at least the rear and some low will net what you are after.
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                ^^ Go for 17x9+22 ish offset. 225/45/17 tyres, roll of at least the rear and some low will net what you are after.
                and that will have no scrubbing? ofcourse roll my gaurds but everything else like the rear trailing arm should clear?

Comment

Depends on your alignment settings and how low you go. Anything wider than 8.5 and 2 finger gap or less will require some negative camber and possible guard rolling.

Then again you can have 17x7 +42 and rub if you're slammed enough.

The specs Alex listed above are what a lot of people run.

Comment

i think im gana go
                    rear: 17x9 +22
                    front: 17x10 +18

rolled guards. maybe 1-2 finger gap and -3 camber front and back. possibly more..

what do you guys reckon of that as a final thing. i just dont wana buy the wrong specs lol.. i learnt my lesson the first time

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                      Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                      Depends on your alignment settings and how low you go. Anything wider than 8.5 and 2 finger gap or less will require some negative camber and possible guard rolling.

Then again you can have 17x7 +42 and rub if you're slammed enough.

The specs Alex listed above are what a lot of people run.
                      im not worried about rubbing on the guard. more worried about rubbing my trailing arm because iv gone to wide or crap offset..

Comment

Originally posted by amee-reb View Post
                        i think im gana go

rolled guards. maybe 1-2 finger gap and -3 camber front and back. possibly more..

what do you guys reckon of that as a final thing. i just dont wana buy the wrong specs lol.. i learnt my lesson the first time
                        Tom / ChargeR has that set up and it's not that easy to fit the x10.

You also have to keep in mind you can't just "get -3 camber" as some of the guys on the forum has found. You need the right suspension set up, tie rods, bolts or you might end up maxing out at -2 and having a super Mexican look.

Comment

Originally posted by amee-reb View Post
                          i think im gana go

Your best off going somewhere that has lots of rims and can try them on? Maybe go Tyre King in Landsvale near Shift Performance see if they will let you trial some on?

Camber you will find different coilovers give different camber and some may or may not need camber bolts/camber tops/tie rods.

My setup maxxed at out 2.5degree all around on buddclub n+ and just 1 set of front camber bolts and thats all i needed.
                          S2000
                          WSID : TBA
                          Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                          Smooth As Detailing
                          Incar Racing

Comment

Ameer
                            I have 17x9 +22 and running 245/40/17 falkens
                            Rolled rear guards - cambered all corners - near max dampers on my coils
                            I scrub in the front a bit lol in full lock
                            rear just fine however next time I will go for 235/40 just to give you an idea
                            Photo is in the CLUBITR BBQ
                            CLEMENTE

Comment

Originally posted by pbk1776 View Post
                              Ameer
                              I have 17x9 +22 and running 245/40/17 falkens
                              Rolled rear guards - cambered all corners - near max dampers on my coils
                              I scrub in the front a bit lol in full lock
                              rear just fine however next time I will go for 235/40 just to give you an idea
                              Photo is in the CLUBITR BBQ
                              i found your fitment perfect and exactly what i want. whats the reason that you'll go for 235/40 though?

also thanks for all the help everyone im definitely learning a lot!
                              Last edited by amee-reb; 04-12-12, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Whats the highest offset wheel anyone has put on their dc5?? Im looking to run 18x7.5+55 . Car is lowered so its just tucking tyre front n rear on 215/40/18 tyres and camber is natural from thay drop. From memory -2 F and -1.5 R. The inner wheel will sit approx 16mm front n rear to the strut compared to stock type s/ep3 wheels against the dc5... anyone reckon it'll clear no probs? Tyre size will ne fn2r oem...225/45/18?
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X