This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 03DC5R View Post
    oh ok, but when i put them both next to each other, they were basically the same height
    That's probably true the 235/45 *should* have been taller but it will vary a lot with inflation pressure, wear and from manufacturer to manufacturer .

I thought this was pretty cool, hopefully it won't end up hard parked.

MAFDARK from nwp4life's Del Slo

17x10+18 with 255/40

Last edited by ChargeR; 14-05-09, 05:40 PM.

Comment

18inch Racing Hart type C,deep dish jap wheels,3 peice lightweight
      8.5 or 9inch front,
      10inch rear.
      Nankang ns2 tyres about 90% tread
      225/40 front,255/35 rear

would this fit a typeS? im thinking it wont, 10 inch? kinda big yea? and 255 damn
      Blaze Orange

Comment

Originally posted by TypeSexy View Post
        18inch Racing Hart type C,deep dish jap wheels,3 peice lightweight
        8.5 or 9inch front,
        10inch rear.
        Nankang ns2 tyres about 90% tread
        225/40 front,255/35 rear

would this fit a typeS? im thinking it wont, 10 inch? kinda big yea? and 255 damn
        It would help if you gave us the offsets.......
        why do you want to run revere staggered setup?
        Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
        "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
        sigpic
        itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
        send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
          It would help if you gave us the offsets.......
          why do you want to run revere staggered setup?
          sorry its +40

some guy is offering me the wheels in replace for my ones, i just wanted to know if it will fit, but running thru the thread now, seems unlikey, i dont wheels thats going to make my car slower than stock
          Blaze Orange

Comment

Originally posted by TypeSexy View Post
            sorry its +40

some guy is offering me the wheels in replace for my ones, i just wanted to know if it will fit, but running thru the thread now, seems unlikey, i dont wheels thats going to make my car slower than stock
            With a +40 offset anything above 8.5" wide will be extremely close to the strut and to the trailing arm at the rear. The setup you propose will require spacers at both ends, rolled guards and camber. And please put the wider wheel on the front.

I don't know what compels people to put wider wheels on the rear of a front wheel drive car.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
              With a +40 offset anything above 8.5" wide will be extremely close to the strut and to the trailing arm at the rear. The setup you propose will require spacers at both ends, rolled guards and camber. And please put the wider wheel on the front.

I don't know what compels people to put wider wheels on the rear of a front wheel drive car.
              nah man i wasn't going put it on or anything was just checking to see if it would fit, thanks for your help bruddaaa
              Blaze Orange

Comment

So after awhile I've finally got my rims! Im considering rolling my guards but want to ask some questions on the impact it'll have on my car. There are some other things I'l be doing like getting a lower profile tyre and dialing in more camber before I consider guard rolling (if it comes to that).

At the moment the problem seems to be the black bit of plastic just underneath my front guard. If i modify my front guards in anyway will it change the actual arc/shape of the guard?

Looking at ChargeR's car, nothing seems to have changed at the front although I seem to recall he has modified it. What are my options?
                eckoflyte

Comment

Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post
                  So after awhile I've finally got my rims! Im considering rolling my guards but want to ask some questions on the impact it'll have on my car. There are some other things I'l be doing like getting a lower profile tyre and dialing in more camber before I consider guard rolling (if it comes to that).

At the moment the problem seems to be the black bit of plastic just underneath my front guard. If i modify my front guards in anyway will it change the actual arc/shape of the guard?

Looking at ChargeR's car, nothing seems to have changed at the front although I seem to recall he has modified it. What are my options?
                  Hey just got back from the track and I have lost your original PM. What wheel and tyre specs are you running? Unless they are extreme you should be able to just cut/remove the front fenderliner (the black bit of plastic) to prevent the tyre rubbing on it. You probably don't need to roll the front guards and I wouldn't recommend it.

Comment

Atm im have F:17x8.5+30 (235/45/17) and R:17x7.5+30 (215/45/17). Back isnt the issue its the front. Just checked my alignment sheet and I just realised im running -1.4 camber.

Car is barely driveable and even the slightest turns at moderate speed scrubs. Cant even full lock. I'm barely just making it back to work and home atm. The car is fine when driving straight however when i hit a bump it will scrub. Running 8kg at the front. The tyre sits almost flush with the arc, but not exact. You can barely just fit your pinkie in the gap between the tyre and the arc. Thats just to give you an idea.

At the moment, judging from scrubbing, the culprit seems to be the fenderliner and it seems if I were to remove it would solve my problems, but its something I will do only if its last resort.

However on Thursday I will be getting new RT615's with 235/40/17 (note this will be a smaller profile than the current) for the fronts. I also plan to give it -2.2 camber in the front. Do you think this will solve my issues?
                    Last edited by andrew84tran; 25-05-09, 01:58 AM.
                    eckoflyte

Comment

Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post
                      Atm im have F:17x8.5+30 (235/45/17) and R:17x7.5+30 (215/45/17). Back isnt the issue its the front. Just checked my alignment sheet and I just realised im running -1.4 camber.

Car is barely driveable and even the slightest turns at moderate speed scrubs. Cant even full lock. I'm barely just making it back to work and home atm. The car is fine when driving straight however when i hit a bump it will scrub. Running 8kg at the front. The tyre sits almost flush with the arc, but not exact. You can barely just fit your pinkie in the gap between the tyre and the arc. Thats just to give you an idea.

At the moment, judging from scrubbing, the culprit seems to be the fenderliner and it seems if I were to remove it would solve my problems, but its something I will do only if its last resort.

However on Thursday I will be getting new RT615's with 235/40/17 (note this will be a smaller profile than the current) for the fronts. I also plan to give it -2.2 camber in the front. Do you think this will solve my issues?
                      I think your car is too low for your spring rates if you want to keep the fenderliners. Getting 235/40s and a little more camber will help but it might not be enough. The only other solutions I can think of are:

1. Raise the front of the car.

2. Remove the fenderliners. However this may not solve your problem you may still rub on the steel.

3. Modify the fenderliners. I cut a section out of mine where they clip onto the guards as this is where they tend to rub the most. Again this may not solve your problem you may still rub on the steel of the chassis or the guards.

Comment

alright, i think raising the car is my only real option here atm. we'll see how new tyre fitment is first and ill keep u guys updated.
                        eckoflyte

Comment

quick update. put on the new rt615's. no rubbing issues at all. took it for a spirited drive just to test it out.....went over a couple of bumps etc..

without needing to raise my car, the results are

F17x8.5+30 -> 235/40/17
                          R17x7.5+30 -> 215/45/17

...with 1.5 camber front (gona up this with alignment btw) and 1.5 camber rear on a car as low as mine = no issues at all

only thing i did was remove 1 clip off each side of the fenderwell (uppermost clip) on each side (which may not even be necessary). no guard or fenderwell mods done at all.
                          eckoflyte

Comment

18"X9.5" +12 all round.
                            Stretched 235/40/18 tyres.
                            Nearly identical offset and width to ChargeR. This is what happens when you don't run -5.3 camber and pull guards. Puts things into perspective doesn't it?

Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
                            "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
                            sigpic
                            itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
                            send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

haha that looks nuts daz! needs wider tyres :P
                              sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

pretty crazy darren...LOL fk
                                Chk Chk Boom!

Comment

Working...
                                X