This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
    My previous post was only about the rear - Nothing to do with the front. You can only have adjustable camber tops in the front of the DC5 chassis. The rear you have to buy an adjustable arm.

I personally would never run spacers. Honestly, I probably won't bother with any form of spacer with a x8 +35. With about -1' - -1.5' of camber it's going to be fairly flush.
    I was aware that I only have camber tops at the front of corse! Do u mind me asking why u wouldn't bother with the spacer? And why u would never use them?

Comment

Originally posted by Jax-DC5R View Post
      I was aware that I only have camber tops at the front of corse! Do u mind me asking why u wouldn't bother with the spacer? And why u would never use them?
      Refer to playthings post midway up the page

Comment

I didnt think that bolt on spacer wer unsafe

Comment

Originally posted by Jax-DC5R View Post
          Originally posted by fr4n View Post
          Refer to playthings post midway up the page
          Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
          I believe ppl can use up to an 8mm spacer before it starts getting dangerous on oem studs.
          Even the bolt on spacers start to get a bit dodgy, and it is recommended that you get extended/hardened wheel studs (Which means removing the hub assembly, pressing out the old studs, putting in the new ones).

Ohh... it's also illegal, and one of the first & easiest things the Po-Po look for.

Plus, the x8 +35 is going to fill out the guards well on a DC5.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
            Even the bolt on spacers start to get a bit dodgy, and it is recommended that you get extended/hardened wheel studs (Which means removing the hub assembly, pressing out the old studs, putting in the new ones).

Ohh... it's also illegal, and one of the first & easiest things the Po-Po look for.

Plus, the x8 +35 is going to fill out the guards well on a DC5.
            Hmm well do you think it's worth doing? Do you mean x8 at the front of rear?

Comment

17x9 +35 front
              17x8 +35 rear

If you don't want to have to many problems with getting stuff to fit, or things rubbing, do the above.

If you want the rims to hit part of the suspension, x9 +35 on the rear.

Comment

Well don't I only need to put sspacer to make the above work on the rear?

Comment

You wont have a problem running 8 +35 on the rear as its an inch smaller. But by saying that im running 17x9 +35 all round dont have a problem with less than 1 finger gap at the rears and running -2 camber no spacers.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
                    You wont have a problem running 8 +35 on the rear as its an inch smaller. But by saying that im running 17x9 +35 all round dont have a problem with less than 1 finger gap at the rears and running -2 camber no spacers.
                    Yea that's what I thort ^ I know a few people running that set up! Will I have any problem if I run a 15 mm spacer thats what I wanna know?

Comment

I had 10mm spacers on it and scrubbed as it was too low. But the car will be raised soon amd rears reverse mounted. But as robi has said run 8 at the rear. it will have quite a bit of poke as well
                      sigpic

Comment

but if you run by 9's in the rear, you will be very very close to the rear trailing arm so i would recommend running by 8's at the rear
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
                          but if you run by 9's in the rear, you will be very very close to the rear trailing arm so i would recommend running by 8's at the rear
                          Well tbh I don't see the big deal if you can get away with it may aswell to! Many people have 9s on rear don't seem to have dramas. The spacer will help that am I wrong? The main thing is I Carnt go having bigger dish at the front then the rear

Comment

235 or 225 tyre for 9" rim???
                            FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

its all about offset bro. the lower it is the more you clear the rear traiiing arm. its not worth the risk to damage your wheels. plus i dont feel too safe on running spacers so ill be reverse mounting me rears
                              sigpic

Comment

Im running 17x9+22 all round with 235/40 all round. It fits perfect and i love the stance. Need -2.5 rear and -3.5 front. PERFECT
                                1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                                1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                                2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                                F1 Nut

Comment

Working...
                                X