X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hau View Post
    Ah cool. Wasnt too sure if id hit the strut or not
    Remember Stevan grazed his rear control arm with that width wheel, was on the track though

Comment

I think hau can get away with a skinnier tyre. My gf runs 18x9+35 in the rear. No camber kit, steetched on 215/40/18 and its tucking about 5-10mm of tyre. No contact eith the rear strut/inner wheel.
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

225/45/15 on 15x7 at 43 offset on front dc2R with guards rolled. Will it fit?
        sigpic
        128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
          I think hau can get away with a skinnier tyre. My gf runs 18x9+35 in the rear. No camber kit, steetched on 215/40/18 and its tucking about 5-10mm of tyre. No contact eith the rear strut/inner wheel.
          Should i be worried about the fronts too? Ive got a pair of 10mm spacers which i can run in the rears now im more worrieds about the front now
          sigpic

Comment

Just buy the bbs n reverse mount straight away... Thrn all u need is camber/roll guards to fit.
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Ah okay. Thanks alex
              sigpic

Comment

Asymmetrical front camber for Winton / Wakefield? -4.5 driver, -5 passenger? Or should it just be even.

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                  Asymmetrical front camber for Winton / Wakefield? -4.5 driver, -5 passenger? Or should it just be even.
                  I'd never use uneven camber unless I either wanted the car to handle differently going in different directions, or tyre wear was a serious issue over a long distance race and I needed to conserve a tyre that sees more straight line loading and less corner loading for example.

For track days I wouldn't do it. In theory it would affect your straight line stability and the car would be inclined to pull in one direction, particularly under acceleration and braking, I doubt you'd notice the difference with only 0.5° differential though.

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                    slicks?

you won't even notice 0.5' difference at such extreme cambers...
                    ... retired/

Comment

Semis or streets. I'll just get it even and keep going on that, I don't really like the idea of pulling unevenly under hard braking.

Comment

hmmm, so what is hard braking like with 5 degrees camber on street tyres?
                        ... retired/

Comment

I'll have to let you know Tink.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                            hmmm, so what is hard braking like with 5 degrees camber on street tyres?
                            Adequate. I did 54s at EC at with settings like that on street tyres, without trying too hard and I'm not a great driver.

I find that large amounts of negative camber on the front of the DC5 doesn't hurt breaking that much as you might think, as the tyre is squished onto the road surface by load transfer anyway but when accelerating I did get noticeable wheel spin on street tyres and it was obviously giving the inside edges of the tyres a hard time.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                              and I'm not a great driver.
                              This guy who pulls a faster lap time in his Micra than I do in my EP3. LOL

Comment

I just wondering is any chance no guard modification required if I fit a set of wheel with 17x9 +30 on my 03 DC5R? I like this set of wheel very much, but the spec I mention is the smallest they made.
                                Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X