This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys,
    Im planning to put 18 by 10 or by 9.5s on my dc5 front and rear just wanna know what has to be done to fit a tyre this wide on, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jax-DC5R View Post
      Hey guys,
      Im planning to put 18 by 10 or by 9.5s on my dc5 front and rear just wanna know what has to be done to fit a tyre this wide on, thanks
      Major guard work for both..and alot of camber , I'd go 18x9s like me if you don't want to touch the guards...also what offset?

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzo321 View Post
        Major guard work for both..and alot of camber , I'd go 18x9s like me if you don't want to touch the guards...also what offset?
        Mybe +25 offset front and 18 rear? Can anybody tell me if it's any easier a 10 inch wide wheel with a 17" rather then 18" wheel ?

Comment

hey guys, i think I've decided on wheel sizes but still not 100% whats involved!
          F= 18x9.5 +22
          R+18x9.5 +22
          what would be involved as far as guard roll ect..? and what tyre size recommended ? if some one knows a better setup with similar sizes I'm open to suggestions
          Would be greatly apriciated if anybody could help me out as i have limited time to make a decision! thanks in advance

Comment

Ok guys need some opinions.

bought these wheels previously on a Silvia.

2x 17x9 +34 with 235/45/17 - These fit but the tyre hits the lining on front, fits nicely on rear, run 40 profile to fit front?
            2x 17x8 +35 with 215/40/17 - These fit well both front and back.

or i may just sell wheels

Note : photos the 9" wide are on back and 8" on front

Last edited by Flippit; 09-05-12, 11:25 PM.
            S2000
            WSID : TBA
            Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
            Smooth As Detailing
            Incar Racing

Comment

arnt the wheels heavy? lol

And have you tried the camber bolts for the front for the 9 inch wheels?
              Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Originally posted by stienerv2 View Post
                arnt the wheels heavy? lol

And have you tried the camber bolts for the front for the 9 inch wheels?
                Nah not they heavy.

Camber is not a issue, the tyre it self is hitting the front of the guard lining when on full lock(front meaning towardas front of car) i think this is due to the 45 profile and the 40 should clear it

Front camber bolts are in though yes.
                S2000

Flippit Photography
                Smooth As Detailing
                Incar Racing

Comment

oooh....

For my car the issue was that i am running some tien springs. Even with the 40 tires and some camber, im scrubbing at the front just by going straight on a bumpy road. The problem was that my car was too low and the only way to solve this issue was to remove my spacers or raise the car. However the camber helped the scrubbing by like 90%
                  Last edited by stienerv2; 09-05-12, 11:46 PM.
                  Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Originally posted by stienerv2 View Post
                    oooh....

For my car the issue was that i am running some tien springs. Even with the 40 tires and some camber, im scrubbing at the front just by going straight on a bumpy road. The problem was that my car was too low and the only way to solve this issue was to remove my spacers or raise the car.
                    Nahh being raised still wont fix it. getting a thinner profile is the only fix.

I'll either buy same tyres in a thinner profile OR sell the rims
                    S2000

Flippit Photography
                    Smooth As Detailing
                    Incar Racing

Comment

Phil you can fix the rubbing just by cutting a slit in the fenderliner about 2 inches wide where it meets the actual fender, mine never made a sound afterwards

9 inch front always !

Comment

I run a x9 +25 with a 235/40 and always scrub on full lock, as above you can just cut the fender liner which will give you more clearance, and might save you buying new wheels and tyres. Also would be putting the x9 on the front as said above.

Another option is to ignore in until it wears so much that it doesn't scrub anymore! people will give you funny looks in car parks though :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you know how much camber you're running at the front? x9 at the front is fine and the rubbing is normal (hard to get away without cutting or just rubbing the fender away) The amount of camber may be affected by the higher offset due to hitting? This needs to be confirmed though by others since I'm not 100% sure.

Solution = Don't full lock. I just do 8 point turns everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                            Do you know how much camber you're running at the front? x9 at the front is fine and the rubbing is normal (hard to get away without cutting or just rubbing the fender away) The amount of camber may be affected by the higher offset due to hitting? This needs to be confirmed though by others since I'm not 100% sure.

Solution = Don't full lock. I just do 8 point turns everywhere
                            im still needing to get an alignment its about 2.5-3 degrees at the moment. but my problem is the profile is different on the tyres so it looks weird having a chunky tyre on frotn and thinner on back.
                            S2000

Flippit Photography
                            Smooth As Detailing
                            Incar Racing

Comment

You've got the wrong sized tyres to start with

2x 17x9 +34 with 235/45/17
                              2x 17x8 +35 with 215/40/17

I'd run a 225/45 all round personally. You'll be able to run the 8's in the rear no problems, and at the height you are at, you should be fine to run the 9's on the front.

Running the 215/40 on the front is going to throw your speedo WAY off. Using the tyre size calculator from the first page, you can see that the rolling diameter is way off. Using the 235/45 on the front is much closer.... using a 225/45 is as close as you can get to the stock rolling diameter.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                                You've got the wrong sized tyres to start with

2x 17x9 +34 with 235/45/17
                                2x 17x8 +35 with 215/40/17

I'd run a 225/45 all round personally. You'll be able to run the 8's in the rear no problems, and at the height you are at, you should be fine to run the 9's on the front.

Running the 215/40 on the front is going to throw your speedo WAY off. Using the tyre size calculator from the first page, you can see that the rolling diameter is way off. Using the 235/45 on the front is much closer.... using a 225/45 is as close as you can get to the stock rolling diameter.
                                i already know this mate. I bought the rims with these tyres on them. i just dont think ill buy new tyres ane swap them cause these tyres are all new so may just sell it off! if i were to keep id put 225/40 on all rims. mmm not sure

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
                                S2000

Flippit Photography
                                Smooth As Detailing
                                Incar Racing

Comment

Working...
                                X