This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
    I've seen a NEAR perfect set of rims... style, color, width, offset... EVERYTHING!

17x8 +30... I'm seriously contemplating them... Anyone want some white Weds SA90's (17x8 +35)?

You think they'll fit without much hassel Tom? I've noticed Didz is running 16x8 +30 and -1.8 front and -0.7 rear. Only really worried about the front, as i've read you can only dial in so much front camber, i know i can dial a fair bit of camber in the rear. I would probably run 224/45's (Unless you think there is something better) and i have Tein SS with Whiteline rear camber bushes at the back.
    I think they will fit with minimal hassle . You will most likely have to roll your rear guards and then you can run less negative camber at the rear. I think that more negative at the front than the rear gives a better stance anyways .

Also I don't think you will have a problem getting enough camber at the front if you have camber tops. Add a pair of camber bolts and you should easily get between -2 and -3 degree which should be plenty to make the 8" +30 fit with a 225/45.

Comment

Will 17 8 +32 & 17 9 +37
      fit on Type S????and would the 17 9 +37 be on the front???
      Nankangs, Better than Your-Mums-Cans

* Please note, I hate Nankangs.

Comment

Originally posted by PolitoHood View Post
        Will 17 8 +32 & 17 9 +37
        it should fit nicely without any rolling...
        my setup is similar to yours and clears fine with 17*9 +38 255*40 tyres at front and 17*8 +35 235*45 tyres at rear..

i put the 17*9 +38 at the rear before and it just scrapped the guard a little with the 255..
        - Project R -

Comment

does the 40 profile make yourspeedo off? and put more km on the clock???

Comment

yeh i think the 40 profile will put your speedo off...
            183.2KW ATW
            BUILT BY DR HONDA
            Tuned by INSIGHT MOTORSPORT

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

don't get what you mean.. sorry..
              - Project R -

Comment

Because the diameter of the wheel will be smaller than the original wheel . The Cars wheels will be spinning more than it will at the same speed being travelled, thus registering a higher kms/h on the speedo and clocking more kms than you have really travelled.

Do i make sense??

Comment

i have 235/45 R17 tires at the fronts, and they are exactly the same hight as the stock 205/55 R16 tires...you got 17's on ur type s don't you? so you should just get the same thickness tires as u have now...simple
                  183.2KW ATW
                  BUILT BY DR HONDA

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
                    it should fit nicely without any rolling...
                    my setup is similar to yours and clears fine with 17*9 +38 255*40 tyres at front and 17*8 +35 235*45 tyres at rear..

i put the 17*9 +38 at the rear before and it just scrapped the guard a little with the 255..
                    yeah but vippy said that he uses 40 profile at the front from with that set up
                    Last edited by PolitoHood; 08-05-09, 03:04 PM. Reason: misunderstanding

Comment

no u dont have to...i have the exact same set up...17x9 +38 with a 235/45 tire:

183.2KW ATW
                      BUILT BY DR HONDA

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

Because the diameter of the wheel will be smaller than the original wheel . The Cars wheels will be spinning more than it will at the same speed being travelled, thus registering a higher kms/h on the speedo and clocking more kms than you have really travelled.

Do i make sense??
                        now I got you. AUDM Integra Type R stock rims are 16" btw, different than type S which is 17"

yeah but vippy said that i will have to use 40 profile at the front from with that set up
                        I mentioned about my setup, not asking you to put 40 profile at the front. you can use 255*45 or 245*45 or 235*45.

depending on the width of your tyres, you can choose to get 40 profile or 45 profile. As ChargeR told me before, 255*45 is too tall and fat for front, especially when I am only using 235*45 at the rear.
                        Last edited by vippy84; 08-05-09, 02:40 PM. Reason: edit
                        - Project R -

Comment

ok cool did you have to roll the front guards ? vippy n 03DC5R
                          Last edited by PolitoHood; 08-05-09, 03:08 PM.

Comment

i didnt, nor the rear
                            - Project R -

Comment

Will 17 8 +32 & 17 9 +37
                              As Vippy has said that will fit like a glove . Put the 9s on the front. Easier fitment and better handling.

A 255/40R17 is slightly larger than stock tyre diameter depending on the individual tyre so it will make the speedometer read slightly lower than before and affect the odometer similarly. I don't see how it could possibly make the km read higher. Are you sure you know how tyre sizes work?

Originally posted by 03DC5R View Post
                              i have 235/45 R17 tires at the fronts, and they are exactly the same hight as the stock 205/55 R16 tires...you got 17's on ur type s don't you? so you should just get the same thickness tires as u have now...simple
                              A 235/45R17 is significantly larger diameter than the oem 205/55R16. 643mm versus 632mm. 235/45R17 is still a great size for a DC5 though as long as the car isn't dumped.

Comment

yeh, i had to roll my rear guards...

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                                A 235/45R17 is significantly larger diameter than the oem 205/55R16. 643mm versus 632mm. 235/45R17 is still a great size for a DC5 though as long as the car isn't dumped.
                                oh ok, but when i put them both next to each other, they were basically the same hight
                                183.2KW ATW
                                BUILT BY DR HONDA

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

Working...
                                X