Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to sound like a mod, but lets keep this to tyre/rim talk guys.

Comment

hey guys just wondering, how would a set of 16x7.5 +29 rims sit on a dc2r with jdm front?

Comment

I have started adding a bit of an index to the second post on the first page, so if you are looking for information on a particular width and offset on your car take a look there first. Also take a look at THIS thread.

Originally posted by ob3d View Post
        hey guys just wondering, how would a set of 16x7.5 +29 rims sit on a dc2r with jdm front?
        THIS guy has nearly those exact same specs, so it looks like it will sit nicely without too much work. A roll of the guards and perhaps some modifications to the guard liner.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
          I have started adding a bit of an index to the second post on the first page, so if you are looking for information on a particular width and offset on your car take a look there first.
          Good thinking guy!

I've edited it with details of my car... and my many rims.

If any members have a link to a particular post they feel should be added to the list, send either Tom or myself a PM and we'll add it to the list.

Comment

17x9.5 +23 wrapped in 235/45 all round + rolled rear guards

Comment

Originally posted by hondapower234 View Post
              Looks good. What are your alignment settings?

Comment

is a 245/45/17 tire too wide for a 8 inch wheel?! also, dunno if anyone will know, but will it rub?! i'm rolling on king springs and guards haven't been rolled..

Comment

In my opinion yes, and a 245/45 is nearly an inch too tall for a DC5. You are asking for trouble with a tyre that size.

Comment

ahh k, damn. no direzza's for me then.. LOL.
                    thanks for that tom

Comment

Been pondering 245/40/18 tyres with 18x8.5 +30 wheels. Lowered to around 1.5 finger gap at the front and 0.5 finger gap at the back as well as rear guards rolled. Planning to lower the front a bit more to 0.5 finger gap. Also have front camber bolts and rear camber kit

I'm fairly confident it'll fit alright, but just thought I'd ask for other opinions (:

Comment

Originally posted by ggwpty View Post
                        Been pondering 245/40/18 tyres with 18x8.5 +30 wheels. Lowered to around 1.5 finger gap at the front and 0.5 finger gap at the back as well as rear guards rolled. Planning to lower the front a bit more to 0.5 finger gap. Also have front camber bolts and rear camber kit

I'm fairly confident it'll fit alright, but just thought I'd ask for other opinions (:
                        Sounds like a good plan, but I would go for a 225/40R18 tyre, it is much closer to stock diameter and is a cheaper and commonly available size. A 245/40 is nearly 25mm or 4.5% larger diameter than your stock tyre. If you must get a 245 then a 245/35 is a better choice and is only around 0.5% larger than stock.

Comment

Ah crap, I must've punched in the wrong numbers into the tyre diameter calculator >_> thought the rolling diameter on 245/40/18 was reasonably close to stock. I'm looking to get the wheels sitting outwards a tad bit more, so 235 or 245 is what I'm looking to stick with. Kind hard to find wheels in those sizes that'll have a reasonably close diameter to stock...

Aside from having your speedo out (which I assume could be re-calibrated?), would having a tyre that's around 20mm+ larger than stock have any negative consequences?

Comment

Hey guys,

I got a set of RPF1's coming in that are 17X9 +35 offset. What will it take for me to fit these on my DC5R. I'm also looking to find out what size tires would suit these wheels that will be used strictly for track. (semi slicks)

At the moment, my alignment settings are
                            Front: -3 camber
                            Rear: -2 camber

The tires will be strictly for track use so they will be semi slicks and I don't care about the rolling diameter.

I'm guessing because its for track use, I would want the widest tire that I can fit on the wheels and a pretty low profile. I think I would need a rear spacer to clear the trailing arm as well and maybe roll the rear guards a bit?

Any opinions would be appreciated, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ggwpty View Post
                              Ah crap, I must've punched in the wrong numbers into the tyre diameter calculator >_> thought the rolling diameter on 245/40/18 was reasonably close to stock. I'm looking to get the wheels sitting outwards a tad bit more, so 235 or 245 is what I'm looking to stick with. Kind hard to find wheels in those sizes that'll have a reasonably close diameter to stock...

Aside from having your speedo out (which I assume could be re-calibrated?), would having a tyre that's around 20mm+ larger than stock have any negative consequences?
                              A bigger and taller tyre will also bend and flex more on the wheel under cornering loads which will result in poorer response and possibly less grip, though the taller tyre is better for ride comfort in most cases.

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
                              Hey guys,

I got a set of RPF1's coming in that are 17X9 +35 offset. What will it take for me to fit these on my DC5R. I'm also looking to find out what size tires would suit these wheels that will be used strictly for track. (semi slicks)

At the moment, my alignment settings are
                              Front: -3 camber
                              Rear: -2 camber

The tires will be strictly for track use so they will be semi slicks and I don't care about the rolling diameter.

I'm guessing because its for track use, I would want the widest tire that I can fit on the wheels and a pretty low profile. I think I would need a rear spacer to clear the trailing arm as well and maybe roll the rear guards a bit?

Any opinions would be appreciated, thanks.
                              Stevan can clarify but I think a roll of the guards at the rear is all you may need for fitment, the wheels might clear without a spacer it really depends on ride height and alignment. If it doesn't clear I would be more inclined to give the trailing arm a few smacks with a hammer rather than run a spacer.

I would use a 245/40 or 255/40 tyre, with the 245/40 being my preference. After running a fair few wheels and tyres I prefer when the tyre is a bit on the narrow side for the wheel, it probably gives up some peak grip but response is much better. The shorter sidewall is ever so slightly better for gearing and ride height also.

Just pick whichever is available in the tyre you want, either will fit with no problem.

Comment

Got a set of Rota SVNr's coming in 18x9+20 wrapped in 235/40/18 Hankook Rs3's will post pics when set up

Comment

Working...
                                X