This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ggwpty View Post
    anyone know aggressive I can get with the front of a type s before I need guard rolling?

Currently have 235s with +32 wheels at the front and no scrubbing at the front ... thinking of using 255s with +45 wheels (possibly adding spacers at a later stage)
    What width are you talking about though. Im guessing if u want to fit a 255 wide tyre your looking at a width around 9", with offset 45,
    Ur gonna need a decently sized spacer to get away frok the strut, and then u jeed camber and rolled guards. Wont work
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

hey guys, looking at getting 17x8.5 +30 ce28's for my dc5.

Was just curious if you guys know how this would sit? Flush? Abit sunken? Abit of poke?

Comment

Fairly flush, a bit of poke. Depending on tyre size and alignment settings you may rub when you turn. Same specs, but RE30's, -3.5 camber front, -2.5-ish rear.

Comment

Thank you for your post M@lew! You've shown me exactly what i wanted to know haha.

Comment

What tyre size should i run on 17x7.5 +40
            sigpic

Comment

215/45/17.. Thats what id run
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Ah okay cool thanks.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
                  What tyre size should i run on 17x7.5 +40
                  That is a fairly weak sized rim.

Even if you only take into account performance. The lower the offset, the wider the track, the more grip you'll be able to hold mid corner, is the basics behind it. The stock rims are a 16x6.5 +45. So you'll be able to get a slightly smaller side wall (From a 50 to 45), a little bit more width (205 to a 215), and a tiny bit less offset. It won't look anything like M@lew's car

If you can try and find something closer to a +30 with around a 8' wide rim, you'll find the best mix of looks and performance.

Personally, I think something along the lines of a 17x8.5/9 +30 on the rear and a 17x9 +22 on the front is perfect for the DC5. You can get the width in the rear and still run a little bit of camber, and still get a flush look. 17x9 +22 gives you the width in the front, and the rim/tyre are far enough away from the coils to get some serious camber settings. You'll also get some serious poke!
                  Last edited by 45SET; 24-12-11, 11:18 AM.

Comment

ah okay thanks alot 45set
                    what about 17x9 +39?
                    sigpic

Comment

that'll hit the struts Hau.

using Robi' quick and easy guide above, if u want wheels that have a width of 8,5' or wider, go for an offset no higher then +30 and you wont have any clearance issues and fitment will be decent.
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

ah okay. looks like more shopping around for me ==''
                        sigpic

Comment

Im just gonna get the 17x7.5 +40 for now and get a different set for track
                          sigpic

Comment

The 17x7.5 +40 will have the same stance as your current wheels, only these are an inch bigger in diamter.
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

Yeah. I know but i wont track it yet as i still need to get a few mods in then ill try a track day
                              sigpic

Comment

Hau im running 17x9 + 38 at the front on 235/45/17 tyres with no problems. With two finger gap though

I'll post up a pic when i get home

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

EDIT:

Camber for the front is 2.5 i believe. I can only show you one wheel cause the rest are still in almighty grey
                                Last edited by etherealfall; 24-12-11, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X