• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daviee17 View Post
    On my DC5R

18x9 +20 running 235/40/18

here is a pic of the profile from above

Isthat first pic showing ur wheel turned?? Its showing alot of tyre for 235/40....
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Man why can't ep3's run aggressive wheel specs like dc5r's technically they share the same sussys buuhuuu.
      ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

We can! We just look very Mexican lol.

17x9 +20 (215/45/17) - still needs more camber and trying to get more low out of the rears.

Comment

THats nice as.
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Looking good Symphorced, what mods you needed to fit it, roll guards, front camber bolts amd rear camber kit??

Comment

i feel lucky that DC5 has nicely pumped guards from factory unlike EP3 ^^looks very mean Symphorced!

Comment

I agree with u Stevan, if it had pumped guards from factory we will look like Golf's =)

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                  Looking good Symphorced, what mods you needed to fit it, roll guards, front camber bolts amd rear camber kit??
                  Rolled guards, rear camber kit, inverted tie rod ends and shortened tie rods. Tie rod stuff isn't essential for the fitment though. With my current alignment I'm close to 0 degrees camber on all corners as the tyre place I went to decided it would help reduce scrubbing by "straightening it up". Peh there's so much poke right now haha.
                  Last edited by Symphorced; 21-10-11, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                    Isthat first pic showing ur wheel turned?? Its showing alot of tyre for 235/40....

lol turned? no... haha u can see like both sides of the lip?

taking it consideration its x 9" +20,

thats why
                    Arguing online is like competing in the Special Olympics.. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Comment

Hey, I'm running the 15" 96 - 98 JDM DC2R Wheels on my VTI-R with 30mm conversion adapters (lol) The wheels are +50 offset, and the adapters are 30mm, so thats +20 offset? They look fine on the rear, but they scrub because the inner lip is not rolled, and they look like I'm rockin 4x4 status at the front. So I'm putting them back in the garage and purchasing a new set of wheels, would anything need to be done for either:

15 x 6.5 +35

or

16 x 7 +38

Cars a DC2, if I didn't mention it already, thanks yo.

Comment

Originally posted by daviee17 View Post
                        lol turned? no... haha u can see like both sides of the lip?

taking it consideration its x 9" +20,

thats why
                        Oh, I was referring to the first pic, the second pic, u can see both sides of the lips, just must be the angle then.
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Looking at getting 17x9 +22 all around. Not sure how I want to run my tires. Ultimately I want to run;

1F: 255/40/17
                          R: 235/40/17.

What I'm scared about with this setup is on full lock, the 255's up front may scrub part of the chassis? On my current setup 17x9.5 +25, I had 255/40/17 and on full lock, i've scrubbed away part of the sound deadening on the chassis, hence why I went down to a 235/45 tyre.

If I compare the 9.5 +25 to 9 +22 wheel, the offset will be 3mm further out and roughly several more mm less for the inner clearance. You guys (TOM!) reckon i'll have any dramas running a 255/40 tyre?

1aEDIT: btw, I also have a 15mm spacer up front, I can also run to give more clearance between inner tyre and chassis if need be)

If this isn't possible, I have two more options,

2F&R: 235/45/17. This is my current setup atm

Third option;

3F: 235/45/17
                          R: 235/40/17

What are the consequences of running a slightly thinner profile in the rear?

The reason why I am sticking to only 255/40 or 235/45 sizes up front is these are the only sizes I can run due to my ride height+steepness of my driveway.

Cheers
                          Last edited by plAythiNG; 21-10-11, 09:24 PM.
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

I don't think Tom can full lock on his 255 tyres and when he did spin out he sliced it a bit or scrubbed it really bad from memory.

Comment

Originally posted by MACDOG View Post
                              Hey, I'm running the 15" 96 - 98 JDM DC2R Wheels on my VTI-R with 30mm conversion adapters (lol) The wheels are +50 offset, and the adapters are 30mm, so thats +20 offset? They look fine on the rear, but they scrub because the inner lip is not rolled, and they look like I'm rockin 4x4 status at the front. So I'm putting them back in the garage and purchasing a new set of wheels, would anything need to be done for either:

15 x 6.5 +35

or

16 x 7 +38

Cars a DC2, if I didn't mention it already, thanks yo.
                              Someone? :P haha, sorry for double re-post or whatever, just over my car looking like a monster truck! haha.

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                                Looking at getting 17x9 +22 all around. Not sure how I want to run my tires. Ultimately I want to run;

1F: 255/40/17
                                R: 235/40/17.

What I'm scared about with this setup is on full lock, the 255's up front may scrub part of the chassis? On my current setup 17x9.5 +25, I had 255/40/17 and on full lock, i've scrubbed away part of the sound deadening on the chassis, hence why I went down to a 235/45 tyre.

If I compare the 9.5 +25 to 9 +22 wheel, the offset will be 3mm further out and roughly several more mm less for the inner clearance. You guys (TOM!) reckon i'll have any dramas running a 255/40 tyre?

1aEDIT: btw, I also have a 15mm spacer up front, I can also run to give more clearance between inner tyre and chassis if need be)

If this isn't possible, I have two more options,

2F&R: 235/45/17. This is my current setup atm

Third option;

3F: 235/45/17
                                R: 235/40/17

What are the consequences of running a slightly thinner profile in the rear?

The reason why I am sticking to only 255/40 or 235/45 sizes up front is these are the only sizes I can run due to my ride height+steepness of my driveway.

Cheers
                                Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                                I don't think Tom can full lock on his 255 tyres and when he did spin out he sliced it a bit or scrubbed it really bad from memory.
                                Yeah Matt is right, I have never been able to turn full lock without rubbing even with stock 16x6.5s. This is probably mostly due to ride height and significant negative camber though. So every single one of my wheel setups has rubbed on the chassis, and when I added positive caster they started rubbing a lot on the back of the wheel well, and that is where I had problems and destroyed a tyre because there is sharp metal back there.

I'd use a 255 and deal with it, non-staggered tyres on staggered wheels is silly.

Originally posted by MACDOG View Post
                                Someone? :P haha, sorry for double re-post or whatever, just over my car looking like a monster truck! haha.
                                With a 195/55 on the 15" and a 205/45 on the 16" I think both should be fine without any guard modifications, depending on ride height and alignment. The only reason you might have problems is if the car is too low and the tyres bottom out on the inside of the guard, or if your car is low and you reduce the negative camber at the rear, which might cause contact with the rear guard lip.

Originally posted by Symphorced View Post
                                We can! We just look very Mexican lol.

17x9 +20 (215/45/17) - still needs more camber and trying to get more low out of the rears.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b3...0-18162109.jpg
                                Looks good mate, what was the alignment guy thinking 'straightening up' the camber, it is going to look amazing with a little more low and some camber!

Originally posted by p33r View Post
                                I have considered grabbing 245/40 but would clearance be difficult if i wanted to keep my front guards stock and use camber bolts (im dropped on shocks/springs)? I know stevan has 235/40 and doesn't have much clearance between and wheel and strut, and apparently progressive springs are a lot wider than coilover springs.

any idea what i'd need to do to fit 245/40 on 1.5 finger gap?
                                Progressive OEM style springs are wider than a coilover spring, but if you look at how the stock wheel sits against the stock strut, the diameter of the spring is irrelevant, because the spring is above the tyre. So stock style struts should have at least as much clearance as a coilover, probably more, because the stock shock is smaller diameter than most coilovers. So I wouldn't worry about inner clearance, you shouldn't have a problem.

No-one can tell you exactly what you will need unless they have an identical setup, but I am going to go out on a limb here and say if you fit a 245/40, two camber bolts per side to obtain as close to -2 camber as you can at the front, roll the rear guards, then they should fit no problem. You might get rubbing on the guard liner clips at the front, and obviously a 235/40 will be better.

The difference between a 245/40 and 235/45 in terms of guard clearance will probably not be that much, the larger diameter of the 235/45 will be more inclined to result in rubbing compared to the extra 10mm of width on the 245.

Comment

Working...
                                X