X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheers for the help

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
      It might hit. Stevan had rear trailing arm contact with that specification and so have various people on ClubRSX, it is very ride height and camber sensitive. You might have issues you might not, plenty of people have no problem.

I have never seen 17x9 +40 fit without a spacer, and have seen +38 need a spacer. I wouldn't risk an offset that high.
      "I wouldn't risk an offset that high." Is that regarding the +38 or +35? or both? haha

what would be a better option, 17x8 +38 or 17x9 +35??
      Last edited by danielj; 04-10-11, 05:00 PM.

Comment

17x7 +42 for you DJ.

Comment

^ Lol

Comment

hey guise im looking at getting a set of 16x7 +25 for my DC2R.

i am almost certain that there will be no issues but i guess im looking for any comfort from anyone..

thanks

Comment

Camber gonna be your friend I reckon...

Comment

im planning on getting 18x9.5+20 for my dc5r running it all four, im running BC BR coilovers at the moment and im gonna have to roll my rear guards what else would i have to do it make it fit? do i need to get tie rods?

Comment

What would I need to do to fit 17x9+35 on 235/45 tyres for a DC5S?

was originally going with 235/40 but limited selection. 45 profile too high?

Edit: 1.5 finger gap atm
                  Last edited by p33r; 14-10-11, 04:18 PM.

Comment

45 are ok better option would be 40.
                    BYP Racing & Developments
                    Built. Tuned. Driven
                    Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by FRDK20 View Post
                      im planning on getting 18x9.5+20 for my dc5r running it all four, im running BC BR coilovers at the moment and im gonna have to roll my rear guards what else would i have to do it make it fit? do i need to get tie rods?
                      Not sure on the suspension mods to make them fit, I don't have any experience with the BC BRs but you should be able to get them in with slightly stretched tyres, some camber, rolled rear guards and trimmed fenderliners at the front.

Originally posted by p33r View Post
                      What would I need to do to fit 17x9+35 on 235/45 tyres for a DC5S?

was originally going with 235/40 but limited selection. 45 profile too high?

Edit: 1.5 finger gap atm
                      I agree with fatboyz, a 235/45 is a fairly beefy tyre, have you considered going with a 245/40? There is a good selection in that size.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                        I agree with fatboyz, a 235/45 is a fairly beefy tyre, have you considered going with a 245/40? There is a good selection in that size.
                        I have considered grabbing 245/40 but would clearance be difficult if i wanted to keep my front guards stock and use camber bolts (im dropped on shocks/springs)? I know stevan has 235/40 and doesn't have much clearance between and wheel and strut, and apparently progressive springs are a lot wider than coilover springs.

any idea what i'd need to do to fit 245/40 on 1.5 finger gap?

Comment

Originally posted by p33r View Post
                          I have considered grabbing 245/40 but would clearance be difficult if i wanted to keep my front guards stock and use camber bolts (im dropped on shocks/springs)? I know stevan has 235/40 and doesn't have much clearance between and wheel and strut, and apparently progressive springs are a lot wider than coilover springs.

any idea what i'd need to do to fit 245/40 on 1.5 finger gap?
                          anyone?

Comment

245/40 should be Ok? it'll only be 5mm wider.
                            BYP Racing & Developments
                            Built. Tuned. Driven
                            Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Yes but I would like to know exactly what would need to be done (amount camber, rolling guards etc) to make it work on a shock/spring combo. Since most ppl have coilovers.

Comment

On my DC5R

18x9 +20 running 235/40/18

here is a pic of the profile from above

Arguing online is like competing in the Special Olympics.. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Comment

Working...
                                X