Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet, in guessing i might have to buy another set of camber bolts to get the needed camber, im sure y first set isnt maxxed out yet. Pretty
    Keen to get everything setup
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Originally posted by RSKEBBY View Post
      calling any dc2r owners..

looking to run 16x8 +20 all round. got my fenders rolled already and car is lowered 2" on tanabe springs.

im planning to run abit of a stretched tyre aswell.. if someone could throw me some numbers that would be great, and how much camber would I need to run?

cheers a million!
      Yes, this x2.

Anybody have any experience trying to fit 16x8's?

Furthermore, How would a 16x8 with +49 offset agree with tie-rod's etc.??

what are the REAL benefits of running 16x8's anyway? especially if you can run the same tire width on 16x7's?

BTW, i am speaking in terms of flush tire fitment, none of that stretch crap (sorry kebby )
      Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

Sup guys

I have a DC5S lowered on koni yellows and eibach pro kit (drop 1"F, 1.4"R but looks a little lower). Would I be able to fit 17x9+35 all round without any issues? I understand I may have to roll rear guards but do I need any camber adjustment? Only have natural camber from lowering atm.

If I need moar camber, I can only do this with a camber kit right, since konis don't have adjustable camber tops like coilovers? Or do I need something else (I dont really understand the difference between camber kits/bolts/tops etc)

As you can tell i'm a total nub with wheels and adjusting/fitting anything wheel related. Cheers.

Comment

What would need to be done to make 18x9.5+22 (all round) to fit on a dc5?
          i have been told: camber bolts, rear camber kit, roll my guards and maybe tie rods?

Comment

Dont forget stretchedd tires.

Then again if you look at vuongsters/itrboy's white dc5 type s. he is running 18x9.5 +22 up front ona 245/40/18 tire running -3 camber.
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by p33r View Post
              Sup guys

I have a DC5S lowered on koni yellows and eibach pro kit (drop 1"F, 1.4"R but looks a little lower). Would I be able to fit 17x9+35 all round without any issues? I understand I may have to roll rear guards but do I need any camber adjustment? Only have natural camber from lowering atm.

If I need moar camber, I can only do this with a camber kit right, since konis don't have adjustable camber tops like coilovers? Or do I need something else (I dont really understand the difference between camber kits/bolts/tops etc)

As you can tell i'm a total nub with wheels and adjusting/fitting anything wheel related. Cheers.
              Stevan has this setup so he can probably clarify but the rear should be fine with just a roll with any tyre size up to a 245/40 and probably okay with a 255/40 too.

I think you might need to add a little negative camber at the front to avoid rubbing, around the -2° mark depending on tyre size. To get that camber the easiest way is to use two pairs of camber bolts (2 per side, 4 total). Much cheaper than replacing the strut tops with adjustable ones.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                Stevan has this setup so he can probably clarify but the rear should be fine with just a roll with any tyre size up to a 245/40 and probably okay with a 255/40 too.

I think you might need to add a little negative camber at the front to avoid rubbing, around the -2° mark depending on tyre size. To get that camber the easiest way is to use two pairs of camber bolts (2 per side, 4 total). Much cheaper than replacing the strut tops with adjustable ones.
                as Tom says, 2 degrees up front is plenty and at least 1.5 degrees on the rear ( a little more will give better clearance from the trailing arm if you dont have high rear spring rates), a roll is also required on the rear for peace of mind.

Camber bolts also means you can maintain a nice quiet ride without the associated crashiness of pillowball mounts.

Comment

Thanks. What's the difference between camber bolts and a full camber kit? Does the camber kit just allow for more camber?

Comment

18x10.5 +18 Im guessing im needing

if I compare that to my old setup of 18x8 +13 ... the 10.5' wheel will stick out 27mm wider.. Im guessing i'm going to need a 205/40 profile (does that even exist?)

Up front, compared to 18x9 +20 .. . calcualtor says 21mm wider .. im guessing a 215/40 tyre ? I think thats just way tooo wide....... on stock guards and only variables of fitting wheels are a more stretched tire / more camber...
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                      18x10.5 +18 Im guessing im needing

if I compare that to my old setup of 18x8 +13 ... the 10.5' wheel will stick out 27mm wider.. Im guessing i'm going to need a 205/40 profile (does that even exist?)

Up front, compared to 18x9 +20 .. . calcualtor says 21mm wider .. im guessing a 215/40 tyre ? I think thats just way tooo wide....... on stock guards and only variables of fitting wheels are a more stretched tire / more camber...
                      Front only? My old 17x10 +18s with 255/40s fit with acres to spare with a little camber and a little mallet love on the front guards. I think I could probably use as little as -3 or -3.5 camber and still have no issues. So your proposed setup will poke 6mm more, negligible .

I don't condone that wheel setup for normal folk though.

Comment

Hahah, thanks Tom!

Just considering it. Found them with some great rubber that I can sell as its made for GTR and not DC5 lol.

I doubt I'll do it. Going to save up some more before I spend it all on some new wheels. Might wait until next year. Im ultimately looking for another set anyways.
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Originally posted by p33r View Post
                          Sup guys

I'm thinking of getting 17x9 +35 rims also, and I'm not sure about fitment. Currently I'm lowered on BC BR coilovers with around 1 finger gap all round.
                          Will the rims fit without rubbing anything?

I'm hoping to be able to reuse my current tyres which are 225/45/17 all round. Will this size help avoid rubbing?

Is camber compulsory to run 9 inch wide with +35? (I got a rear camber kit, but the fronts... can you get away with no camber on the front??)

Any help guys?

Comment

^^ roll rear fenders for good measure, will fit with 2/1.5 degrees camber front and rear respectively. Don't use anything under a 235 tyre on an X9 wheel, will not rub, i run the same specs.

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                              ^^ roll rear fenders for good measure, will fit with 2/1.5 degrees camber front and rear respectively. Don't use anything under a 235 tyre on an X9 wheel, will not rub, i run the same specs.
                              Is it because that's too much of a stretch?

*Man, I wish all RPF1 widths had concave face, not just 9 and up

Comment

Originally posted by iVTEC_R View Post
                                Is it because that's too much of a stretch?

*Man, I wish all RPF1 widths had concave face, not just 9 and up
                                My 235 has about 15mm stretch on the X9 so i wouldnt want to push the envelope any further if you do any sort of spirited driving. Pretty much all rims don't concave <X9

But yeh it will be pretty mexican if you are at stock camber on the +35 X9 Rim.

Comment

Working...
                                X