X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From WorkWheels Spec Sheet:

http://www.workwheelsusa.com/media/w...XD9%20Spec.pdf

I have chosen: Front 17x9.5 38+ Offset (245/40)
    Rear 17x8.5 32+ Offset (225/45)

I am assuming for the REAR I just need to roll my guard, with -1/2 degrees.

However for the FRONT, I am not sure if 17x9.5 is something drivable for everyday use..?

Been looking at CLUBRSX, and there are people who run 18x9's at the back with low offset, but doesn't it hit the rear trailer arms? Someone care to explain?
    Last edited by OMGRX7; 19-04-11, 12:14 AM.

Comment

^^ you want more offset in the front that will be dangerously close to hitting the damper with that width

Comment

- Would an offset of 17x9.5, 25+ in the rear change much from 32+

- What if i decide to get 17x9.5 with 17+ or 28+ offset...(remember I am not modifying the front guard)

Comment

Thoughts on 17x9 +17 all around? What tyre specs would be best? 245/40?
          Last edited by Lemmiwinks; 19-04-11, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmiwinks View Post
            Thoughts on 17x9 +17 all around? What tyre specs would be best? 245/40?
            You will need a fair bit of camber to tuck those in if you use a 245/40. Of the order of -3 to -4 I think at both ends. With rolled guards and the usual fenderliner alterations at the front. Alternatively you could run a 215/40, slam the car so it is tucking tyre and run minimal camber since that wheel setup isn't that functional for performance you may as well make it look epic.

17x9 with an offset in the mid teens and a 215/40 tyre is the basic recipe for a good looking slammed DC5, and if I had the money for another DC5 for a daily that is what I would probably run.

Comment

Need tyre recommendation for 17x8 on a ep3 225/45?
              ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                Need tyre recommendation for 17x8 on a ep3 225/45?
                Yes.

Feels perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                  You will need a fair bit of camber to tuck those in if you use a 245/40. Of the order of -3 to -4 I think at both ends. With rolled guards and the usual fenderliner alterations at the front. Alternatively you could run a 215/40, slam the car so it is tucking tyre and run minimal camber since that wheel setup isn't that functional for performance you may as well make it look epic.

17x9 with an offset in the mid teens and a 215/40 tyre is the basic recipe for a good looking slammed DC5, and if I had the money for another DC5 for a daily that is what I would probably run.

Thanks for the reply. Really appreciate it.

I want it to look as tough / flush as possible without affecting the performance as I do enjoy taking turns fast .

What would you recommend for a flush look and good handling?

Comment

ok.. my bbs lm go on tomorrow..

17 x 9 +42 front with a 235 45 17
                    17 x 8 +42 rear with a 225 45 17

what you fellows think?? without any guard work i shouldnt have issues right??
                    my car is faily low..

Comment

17x9 going on the front?

I think you'll rub on the front.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                        17x9 going on the front?

I think you'll rub on the front.

yeah im gona put the 9's on the front...
                        where do u thik ill rub??
                        like will i be hitting my guard lips?? or inner guards?

Comment

Going to be mighty close to the coils of the suspension.

Depends what coilovers you are running... but because you are running 235's, you might JUST be able to pull it off.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                            Going to be mighty close to the coils of the suspension.

Depends what coilovers you are running... but because you are running 235's, you might JUST be able to pull it off.

went to get them fitter today and the bbs hubcentric ring was the wrong size and the tyre shop couldnt remove them.. so i have to take them to get machined and try again

Comment

i read somewhere that the enkei rpf1 17x8 +45 doesnt clear jdm brembos

this guy is running rpf1 with brembos.. i wonder what size and fitment he has..

Last edited by jj17; 06-05-11, 03:32 AM.
                              bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Thoughts on 18x8.5 +24 rims all round on a DC5R? Ill have it 1.5 finger gap front and rear and -2 camber. With 245/35 tyres. Will I have to roll any guards?

Comment

Working...
                                X