Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side pic. How low is the car? Have you rolled your rear guards?

Just wondering as I'm still planning on rolling my guards, but if i'm only going to be able to reduce camber by 1', I'm not going to bother, as I don't want to run the risk of damaging the paint.

Comment

45set, i thought u rolled ur guards?????? are u contemplating lwoering/ getting new wheels?
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

about 1.5-2 finger gap all around depending on how big ur fingers are. and yes i know its not an accurate way of measuring drop but its the best i can do for now.

no guard mods. dont have a side pic with the rear sorry =[ i can get 1 later if u wish.
        bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
          45set, i thought u rolled ur guards?????? are u contemplating lwoering/ getting new wheels?
          No, Yes (Front only) and no.

Originally posted by jj17 View Post
          about 1.5-2 finger gap all around depending on how big ur fingers are. and yes i know its not an accurate way of measuring drop but its the best i can do for now.

no guard mods. dont have a side pic with the rear sorry =[ i can get 1 later if u wish.
          *Snip*
          Oh ok. Short of getting out a ruler and measuring it, using your finger is the best thing.

I'm just thinking of rolling my rear guards but not 100% sure yet, hopeing to be able to get closer to -1.5' once I roll them.

Comment

yea, not anywhere near a measuring device at the moment ahahah.
            true, but are u doing this because you are suffering from camber wear? or other reasons.
            i would imagine running -1.5 and -2 wont make much a difference in tyre wear to have to fork out $ for rolling and modifying your car's stock body which becomes quite hectic for some people like me. i like to keep my car unmolested from cutting, rolling guards etc.
            bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Not due to camber wear. Doing it because at the moment if you look at the car it looks like I’m running a weaker offset. To the untrained eye, there is actually a lip on the inside of the guard, which is about a cm long, because of this slight lip on the inside of the guard I have to run -3' for the tyres to fit. So even though I am running "aggressive" offset, it still look weak.

If I roll the guards, I'll be able to have the tyre/rim closer to the actual guard, and it won't look so weak.

Comment

well said, i know exactly what u mean. im running + 33 and + 35 and yet after an alignment putting them at -2 camber it made it look like i was running +45 again.

however before the alignment with almost 0 camber, they looked like this
                (and yes, tats my shoe ahaha. common mistake )

bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Robi, i regret rolling my rear guards.

just get rear camber arm and add a little positive camber on the rear.

and lower the front.

Comment

^ why =/ what happened
                    bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Lee View Post
                      Robi, i regret rolling my rear guards.

just get rear camber arm and add a little positive camber on the rear.

and lower the front.
                      positive camber?!
                      sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Didz he meant add more positive camber to my already negative camber

so run less negative camber.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                          Not due to camber wear. Doing it because at the moment if you look at the car it looks like I’m running a weaker offset. To the untrained eye, there is actually a lip on the inside of the guard, which is about a cm long, because of this slight lip on the inside of the guard I have to run -3' for the tyres to fit. So even though I am running "aggressive" offset, it still look weak.

If I roll the guards, I'll be able to have the tyre/rim closer to the actual guard, and it won't look so weak.
                          +35 is not aggressive haha!

yeah u are running the same size yet mine looks flush urs looks ghey ahahahha

awww *cuddles*

Comment

Yours looks ghey cause you are running 4wd tyres!

Who rolled your guards, and did you get any damage to your paint?

Comment

lol 4wd tyres.

Comment

I guess I should post this here too. My new wheel setup. Rear guards are rolled and front guards are flared. Camber is around -4.5 front and -2.5 rear, but I didn't measure my ride heights.

F: 17x10 +18 with 255/40R17
                                R: 17x9 +28 with 225/45R17

Comment

Working...
                                X