This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
    why..... i like my ride height right now.... dont really have clearance issues so its all good. and with the camber now.. its not that aggressive.
    0 camber is rubbish for handling though. You're better off running around -1.5 for normal street use. When you go around corners that 0 camber becomes positive camber and only Rip Taylor would think that's sexy.

Comment

yeah, your right monty.... it handles alot better than 0 camber... cos atm, i got my shitty tyrers on, and its handling great. But i really like stance on zero camber though, oh well.. first thigns first, get my guards rolled.. buy sydney guard rolling, he has had his fone off since friday.. wtf
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

This is why

Comment

Someone asked for pics of my ghetto guard mods so I took some today when I was doing scheduled maintenance. Don't mind the rust and the missing paint, it is a result of my mallet work. You can see the vaguely trapezoidal section of the fenderliner that I cut out in this pic:

And in this pic is where I had rubbing issues after my first track day on my new tyres. There is a steel tab that is part of the guard behing the fenderliner here that was cutting into the tyre, so I cut a bit of it off and let the tyre rub the plastic away as nature intended :

Comment

Hey just some thoughts on 17x8.5 +34 on dc5r. Should fit i imagine but how much camber do you guys think is required? ill most likely be running -2.5 up front, might go to -3. and hoping to get -1.5 max at rear.
            sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
              Hey just some thoughts on 17x8.5 +34 on dc5r. Should fit i imagine but how much camber do you guys think is required? ill most likely be running -2.5 up front, might go to -3. and hoping to get -1.5 max at rear.
              Tyre size? That spec is similar to my advans. You will probably need to roll the rear guards. O
              Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
              "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
              sigpic
              itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
              send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

probably go 245. Yeah i will be rolling the rear guards

Comment

You shouldn't have any issues achieving that alignment with no rubbing depending on ride height. That rear camber is similar to what Daz is using I believe? His car is pretty high though .

Comment

Justin, go back to page 19. I am nearly running what you want to run. All the specs are there so look at the pics and see what you think.

Comment

hmm, searched the topic but too many unrelated results came up. Im wondering what design is the stock wheel nut on dc5 and aftermarket.

but main question is, would rays or works wheel nuts fit rota wheels.
                      bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by jj17 View Post
                        hmm, searched the topic but too many unrelated results came up. Im wondering what design is the stock wheel nut on dc5 and aftermarket.

but main question is, would rays or works wheel nuts fit rota wheels.

Honda uses the middle type in the above pic for OEM wheel nuts. Most common modern aftermarket wheels use the tapered type on the left.

Rays and Work wheel nuts use a 60 degree tapered seat so they should fit the Rota wheels fine, the overwhelming majority of aftermarket wheels have a 60 degree seat. The only caveat is that some wheels have holes so small in the wheel for the nut to fit in that an allen key drive or similar wheel nut must be used because a conventional socket will not fit in the hole.

You should use cheapo tyre shop wheel nuts though and save the money for more baller wheels .

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post

Honda uses the middle type in the above pic for OEM wheel nuts. Most common modern aftermarket wheels use the tapered type on the left.

Rays and Work wheel nuts use a 60 degree tapered seat so they should fit the Rota wheels fine, the overwhelming majority of aftermarket wheels have a 60 degree seat. The only caveat is that some wheels have holes so small in the wheel for the nut to fit in that an allen key drive or similar wheel nut must be used because a conventional socket will not fit in the hole.

You should use cheapo tyre shop wheel nuts though and save the money for more baller wheels .
                          nice, top quality information. thanks charger.
                          im too poor to afford more baller wheels >< even with cheapo wheel nuts its not gonna save me an extra 600-700 $$$ =[ =[ =[
                          bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

No more flat CE28s!

Comment

more pics and specs.
                              ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

looks good temp!

Comment

Working...
                                X