Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just wanted to ask has anyone fitted a 255/40/17 street tire on a 17x9 +22 rim for the rears. im currently running a square set up and was just curious if a 255/40/17 tire would fit under the rear guards of a dc5 and if has anyone done it and what would be the camber would be. its for street driving no track.
    Last edited by mountfranklin; 10-12-14, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Not sure why you would want to run such a wide tyre on the rear of a FWD?

I think on rolled but not pumped rear quarter panels, to fit 9j+22 with 255/40 rim, you be needing close to the -4deg mark.

I ran 235/45 on the 9j+22 and I needed just over -3.
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
        Not sure why you would want to run such a wide tyre on the rear of a FWD?

I think on rolled but not pumped rear quarter panels, to fit 9j+22 with 255/40 rim, you be needing close to the -4deg mark.

I ran 235/45 on the 9j+22 and I needed just over -3.
        its just a thought for rotational purposes thats it. but wanted to find out if its even possible thats all haha.

cheers for the info play, uve given me a better idea now ��

Comment

I run staggered wheel setup, and i dont have much camber wear.... dont worry about rotation dude... plus u be spending too much for the 255 wide tyres anyways!
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
            I run staggered wheel setup, and i dont have much camber wear.... dont worry about rotation dude... plus u be spending too much for the 255 wide tyres anyways!
            yeah you make a good point. worst case scenario if its too much of a hussle ill just run staggered tires. and tats true 255 tires are exxy specially for ad08rs =="

Comment

One of the guys on here runs 255 on 9's all round, all you need is rolled guards and camber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

hey guys, thinking of picking up some regamaster's for my car without many if at all any modifications to make it fit. I'm too lazy and work is a killer.
                the specs of these wheels are 2 are 17x9 + 38 and 17x8 + 25
                06 DC5S, not lowered. Yet.
                thoughts?
                edit: with 225/45/17 tyre profile. maybe even some wider tyres?
                Last edited by ghuynh93; 19-01-15, 04:48 PM.

Comment

That will be an easy fitment. Are the regas you're getting the polish ones from Queensland?
                  Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

nah, theres a set from melbourne that im interested in!

Comment

Sorry if this has been mentioned but I've been told two different things so just after a bit more clarification I'm running Koni shocks and Eibach springs (2" drop front and 1.5" drop rear I believe) and I was told that these would be a very nice fit without having to roll the guards etc as I wish to avoid doing this, can anyone provide me with some input? I'm currently running stock wheels on a Base DC5 2003 Integra, wheel specs for the upgrade:

18 x 8.5 / +44 Offset on 235/40/18 tyres

If not, what would you recommend? Thanks guys!

Comment

That wheel would be uncomfortably close to the rear suspension, and may rub on the trailing arm, but you might get away with it. Is it possible to test fit the wheel? As long as the wheel doesn't hit then you should be okay without rolling the guards.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                          That wheel would be uncomfortably close to the rear suspension, and may rub on the trailing arm, but you might get away with it. Is it possible to test fit the wheel? As long as the wheel doesn't hit then you should be okay without rolling the guards.
                          I'm unable to test it unfortunately. What would be the ideal fitment for that wheel? Or if possible (without guard rolling) something flush or semi-flush with the car, 17 or 18" but what offset? Thanks!

Comment

It is quite hard to get a wheel and tyre set up flush with the car without getting your guards rolled. The best thing to do when you drop your car and change the wheels is to get the guards rolled.
                            Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

What would be the best way to go without having the guards rolled? Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Hey guys a friend and I have spent weeks researching tyre sizes and fitment but we have one question that needs to be answered.

I got a set of TE37's in 17x8.5+30 with 245/40/17 Goodyear tyres with some camber wear on the edges. The road noise is pretty bad on these tyres. I'm going to buy a set of new tyres in either 225/45/17 or 235/40/17. Obviously tyre noise is based on several factors including the design of the tyre etc. What we want to know is, are a set of identical tyres in a 40 profile and 45 profile going to sound pretty similar with road noise or would the slightly lower profile give a significant increase in road noise?

Also, with these TE37's with 245/40 tyres on full lock I could hear what sounded like a possible rubbing or low pitched whirring sound. I put it on full lock and couldn't feel or see anything rubbing in the wheel well. Car is sitting at stock height to. Is this just the power steering? Or would 245/40 simply be too wide?
                                Last edited by Beatz; 30-01-15, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X