Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearance to the trailing arm at the rear will be tight, and you may have contact. Inner clearance at the front will also be close, but less so than the rear. If they clear everything on the inside they should fit without any guard modifications.

Comment

Hey guys, new to the forum and just picked up my first honda 06 type s. Have been looking at club rsx and have seen several members fitting 17x9+22 without any issues on there USDM would I run into any issues with mine?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Rolled guards, a bit of camber, you'll be right. Probably need a set of Todd's rods, though.

Comment

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
          Rolled guards, a bit of camber, you'll be right. Probably need a set of Todd's rods, though.
          Thanks will get my guards rolled first

Comment

One more size for y'all, how is 17x9 +35 gonna go? There are many mixed opinions on CRSX regarding clearance to the rear trailing arm, many say it doesn't rub while others say no matter how much camber you apply it will rub.

Comment

not too much camber on teh rear and it be fine
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                not too much camber on teh rear and it be fine
                Any need to roll guards? Would modified Tie Rods be required up front? Or would a little camber as mentioned just do the trick?

Comment

You should always roll your guards if you're going more aggressive. Don't cheap out
                  Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                    Clearance to the trailing arm at the rear will be tight, and you may have contact. Inner clearance at the front will also be close, but less so than the rear. If they clear everything on the inside they should fit without any guard modifications.
                    Following up on the fitment of 17x8.5 +40. After test fitting them to my car, it seems like it will work.
                    Front seems to fit fine, sufficient gap between the inner lip of the rim and the strut.
                    For the rear, there is still a "finger gap" between the inner lip of them rim and the rear trailing arm so I think it will be ok?

Edit: Can I confirm that 17x7 +60 (JDM DC5R wheels) fit on our AUDM DC5's without any issues? According to wheel fitment calculator 17x8.5 +40 will have 0.9mm more inner clearance than 17x7 +60. Therefore it should fit right?
                    Last edited by dfdc2r; 15-09-14, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dfdc2r View Post
                      Following up on the fitment of 17x8.5 +40. After test fitting them to my car, it seems like it will work.
                      Front seems to fit fine, sufficient gap between the inner lip of the rim and the strut.
                      For the rear, there is still a "finger gap" between the inner lip of them rim and the rear trailing arm so I think it will be ok?

Edit: Can I confirm that 17x7 +60 (JDM DC5R wheels) fit on our AUDM DC5's without any issues? According to wheel fitment calculator 17x8.5 +40 will have 0.9mm more inner clearance than 17x7 +60. Therefore it should fit right?
                      According to the calculator, those specs will just clear. It has 1mm more clearance than one of my old set up which was 17x9 +35 but I was running -2 degree camber in the rear and I only just cleared the rear trailing arm. You might hit the rear trailing arm on hard cornering. Since you're at stock height you won't need to roll your guards. With tyre I would personally go 225/45 so you dont have too much stretch on the tyres.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dfdc2r View Post
                        JDM DC5R Wheels Fit our DC5's. I got them on mine.

Comment

Figured I'd put this here.

17x9.5 +18 on the front of a dc5r with 225/45/17. Soon to be 245/40/17.

Max camber on the camber tops (around 2ish?) and no camber bolts. No guard liners

Comment

How about 17x9 +38 front and 17x8 +35 rear on a DC5R?

I have Mugen performance suspension, which is about 1.5' lower compare to factory height, front camber -0.4' and rear camber -0.25'

Do I have to do anything extra to make them fit safely? Also what tyre size should I fit front and rear?

Comment

Originally posted by obelisk View Post
                              How about 17x9 +38 front and 17x8 +35 rear on a DC5R?

I have Mugen performance suspension, which is about 1.5' lower compare to factory height, front camber -0.4' and rear camber -0.25'

Do I have to do anything extra to make them fit safely? Also what tyre size should I fit front and rear?
                              Ive run that setup, no modifications needed 245/40/17 or 255/40/17 front and 235/45/17 rear is good. Having said that, this question has been answered before. Use the search function next time.

Comment

Thanks for the reply mate! Tried search it and after such a while I finally found my answer in page 30 or something~ lol

Comment

Working...
                                X