Malfunction Indicator Lamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malfunction Indicator Lamp

hey guys, sorry if this issue been mention earlier in the thread.
    My Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) come on and i was sh*ting myself, so anyone of yous have any problem in past and have solution to this problem would be very appreciated. btw the MIL come from a DC5-S 2006 model.
    Thanks in advance

cheers

Is it still on, or did it turn off?

The MIL can turn on for several reasons. If its still turned out, would be best you take it to your closest Honda mechanic and get them to check what the problem is.

Comment

i took it to the honda dealer/mechanic today and i also got the code as well which is related to the catalyze senors.

Comment

have you changed ur exhaust/headers?

how many kms have u done?

Comment

yes it been replace to a toda header and 5zigen exhaust. so you are right it has something to do with the header without a catalyze that is why the MIL come on.
          the car is only done 308XXkms. so now am thinking of selling my toda headers and put the stock one back on.

Comment

What you've experienced is normal.

You can either ignore the light and kill the environment, or if you want to go green, squeeze in a hi-flow cat.

However, the o2 sensors will most likely still think the cat is not working as it's flowing too well and hence still throw the CEL.

That was the case in my car anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DC5er View Post
              yes it been replace to a toda header and 5zigen exhaust. so you are right it has something to do with the header without a catalyze that is why the MIL come on.
              the car is only done 308XXkms. so now am thinking of selling my toda headers and put the stock one back on.
              so you are not running any cat at all?
              dont get caught
              - Project R -

Comment

did the honda guy give you the error code?

if u are getting a CEL due to the headers, i wouldnt just go sell it. it is normal for after market headers to do that. from what i've researched, to get rid of it you can either get a o2 sensor defouler to simulate the cat. or you can get a hondata kpro and disable the secondary o2 sensor after you have tuned ur car.

that is assuming its the secondary o2 sensor causing the CEL.

im having a o2 sensor defouler made up over the next week or so. i'll do a write up on it once its done and see if that works.

Comment

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
                  so you are not running any cat at all?
                  dont get caught
                  yeh.. dont get caught and dont get in an accident! and shame on you, havent u seen the wilkinson ice cap breaking due to global warming!!

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/...207192201.html

Comment

Working...
                  X