Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds at 60kph and above

Hi friends,
    my car has some noise when travelling 60kph and above. The sound seems to be rotational sound and definitely sounds like sparks. You know when you connect the battery, that kinda spark sounds. It is constant and sometimes it gets louder.

The noise definitely come from the front, I think it is from the suspension bit. I am pretty sure it is not from the engine. If it is, it should have make some noise when it is idle or when you rev it while neutral. But the problem only exist at 60kph and above.

I have tried to investigate, by jacking up the car and spin the front wheel, however, no apparent noise at all. I guess it is because the speed wasnt up to 60kph that no noise heard at all.

Does anyone have this problem before?
    what is the likely problem?
    recommendation of place to service near city area?

Cheers fellaz
    - Project R -

doesnt sound like its much enjoyment.
    to me its deffinately mechanical. what did u change in the front end last? Try reverting it back from that and seeing if it goes away
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

might sound funny, but something stuck to fan belt or any moving part, or a dying belt with loose threads would sound like "sparks" when driving at higher speeds....

have you tried revving the engine up thru the rpm's to see if it happens (with bonnett closed)....

not very technical i know, but i had something similar many years ago in my old Landcruise FJ40, and it was only whilst driving, it ended up being my Fan belt that was slowly falling apart and had 2 small loose threads

Comment

Rexxy your concept sounds good, but the OP said it happens at over 60km/h

are your CV's and boots in good condition?

Comment

Originally posted by Zilli View Post

Are you saying my old fj40 wouldnt reach 60 ?

Just kidding, point taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Zilli View Post

cv and boots are in good condition.. i went to many places to get it checked and they they are good, even the wheel bearing is good.. :S
            - Project R -

Comment

Any aftermarket intake installed to the car?
              ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                Any aftermarket intake installed to the car?
                yeah mate
                spoon calipers with oem brake pads and dba rotors
                - Project R -

Comment

Does the noise happens when you put load to the car meaning stepping on the accelerator when reaching 60km. Sorry if it doesnt make sense.

Comment

as long as it is on 60kph and above, then it has that noise..
                    doesnt matter if constant or step on the accelerator or anything..
                    sure is not the engine part, sounds a bit like grinding too at times..
                    - Project R -

Comment

Have you checked if its gearbox or brake pads?

Comment

tighten wheel nuts? (seriously)

Comment

faulty wheels bearings can make a rotational ticking noise like you have described

possibly nail/rock stuck in your tyres tread

Comment

Working...
                          X