DC5 Spoon Torque Damper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 Spoon Torque Damper

Anyone used the Spoon Torque damper before? I just got mine fitted but the hydraulic cylinder seems abit too stiff and is pretty much transferring all the engine vibration to the chassis.

I'm sure the damper can be adjusted to allow more movement in the cylinder so that less vibration is transferred to the chassis. Any1 know how?

yeah there should be 2 nut looking things on the thread side of the cylinder that should give you about 10mm of movement.
    Move the bottom one first, then the top one to lock it. needs to be moved away from the cylinder. Moving it a 2-3 mm should supply less vibration, but it will always be there.

closer to the cylinder = stiffer
    away from cylinder = less stiff

oh yeah just so you know, the cylinder is not hydraulic, there is a metal shaft with poly urathane stoppers on there with some metal gaskets
    Last edited by mattyd; 26-03-09, 03:10 PM. Reason: spelling
    skinned knuckle racing

Comment

Cheers for the info, will try and see how it goes. Not sure if it's worth the sacrifice of vibration for better feel of the engine. Engine feels solid with the damper and seems to help with smoother shifting in high rpm.

Will try it and maybe will take it off if it gets abit untolerable.

Comment

Anyone else try the damper before? Gimme ya 2 cents on this.

Comment

yeah i got one. if you adjust it too tight, then it will put heaps of stress on the engine mount. Too much stress on the mount will cause it to break. I speak from experience. lol

Comment

does those adjustable feature applies to j's racing ETD as well?
            '03 Integra DC5 Type R
            Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
            Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
            Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Comment

Originally posted by Tiu View Post
              does those adjustable feature applies to j's racing ETD as well?
              Yup. As far as I can tell Spoon and J's Racing engine torque dampers are identical apart from the colour and the stickers.

Comment

Well they are no good then.

Comment

Working...
                X