Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM DC2-R (96 Spec) front brake upgrade

my car is JDM DC2-R (96 Spec), the PCD is 114.3x4,

Now, I would like to upgrade my braking power. therefore I will go for the Bang with bucks setup.

As far as I knew, I need OEM ITR calipers (17VN15) + a pair of 282mm rotors.

But, the problem is...... ITR has a PCD:114.3x5 rotor and my is 114.3x4.

does any JDM version owners or experts can tell me, which other honda model of rotors will suit my need

p/s: I source from ozhonda forum, some1 said Honda Prelude 93-95 (BB4) 282mm, 114.3x4 will suit my need.

I hope this thread could help other JDM DC2-96R owners to solve their problem when they want to upgrade front brake with BANG FOR BUCKs setup.

Thank You

have u consider getting top of the range disk in 262mm? it might be as good as 282mm "average" spec disk if not outperform it..
    yeah, the larger disk will have higher heat capacity, but if the "good" 262mm disk can dissipate heat fast enough to keep itself below 550-600 degree regardless of how many laps is being done, i dont it see can fail/fade.

however, larger pad area do have higher brake/stopping power. if you able to lock up with current system, i dont think you need more stopping power, lol.

m2c
    Last edited by K.C.; 25-03-09, 12:09 AM.

Comment

just redrill the new 282's to correct PCD...

get DBA4000's and you wont have to replace them for a LONG time!
      ... retired/

Comment

or call DBA and ask for a set of 282mm DBA4000's undrilled, and get them re drilled - as this is much neater!!!
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by K.C. View Post
          have u consider getting top of the range disk in 262mm? it might be as good as 282mm "average" spec disk if not outperform it..
          yeah, the larger disk will have higher heat capacity, but if the "good" 262mm disk can dissipate heat fast enough to keep itself below 550-600 degree regardless of how many laps is being done, i dont it see can fail/fade.

however, larger pad area do have higher brake/stopping power. if you able to lock up with current system, i dont think you need more stopping power, lol.

m2c
          I am intension to upgrade to RDA Slotted 282mm .

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
            or call DBA and ask for a set of 282mm DBA4000's undrilled, and get them re drilled - as this is much neater!!!
            how about BB4 rotor (282mm, 114.3x4).

will it be much more convenient to direct Bolt-On?

some1 can verfiy it ?

thanks

Comment

sorry, i can't verify it for you...
              ... retired/

Comment

Like KC mention....a good rotor in the same size will be way better then a upsize RDA rotor......since you are not putting ur car on track and for daily driving.....there is no need to upgrade the rotor size......what you need is a good quality rotor with a set of good pads....that will be way better then bigger rotor with normal pads.....just m2c
                Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                1)ブレーキを踏む
                2)クラッチを切る
                3)シフトダウンしなから、
                  アクセルをぶかす
                4)クラッチをつなぐ
                :blah:
                インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

what is 'm2c' ?

Comment

Originally posted by dynosaur View Post
                    what is 'm2c' ?
                    My 2 cents.

An obsolete unit of Aussie currency. Worth little.
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_2_cent_coin
                    Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

Comment

Originally posted by TAFKA TMB View Post
                      My 2 cents.

An obsolete unit of Aussie currency. Worth little.
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_2_cent_coin
                      this made me lol
                      sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Working...
                      X